Foundations and Teaching of Linguistics
Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
L-FIL-LET/12 - ITALIAN LINGUISTICS
Sem. IIA, Sem. IIB
At the end of the course, students are required:
- To know the processes and the techniques for literacy learning, particularly for pregraphy activities;
- To know the processes of composition of the linguistic texts and the parameters of classification of the textual typology;
- To be competent in comparison to the different theories of acquisition of the language and language education;
- To know the Italian language as its history, and uses;
- To know different levels of analysis and description of the language and its complexity: phonology, morphology, lexicon;
- Being able to develop the communicative competence inside the Primary School and the School of the infancy;
- To be competent concerning the didactics of the mother language, of the second language and the foreign languages, also considering the factors of diversity inside the classes.
At the end of the course students are required to know:
- To teach to express with effectiveness;
- To appraise and to develop the understanding of a spoken text or narrated;
- To face the didactic specificities required by the presence in the class of pupils of different linguistic matrix in comparison to that Italian;
- To plan lessons for the acquisition of the language;
- To know the normative features for the teaching of the Italian language and for the preservation of the languages of minority.
At the end of the course the students will have acquired:
• The ability to plan didactic interventions for the learning of the Italian language and for the linguistic education;
• The ability to appraise the linguistic competences of the own students.
The course is divided in two parts: descriptive linguistic elements and Italian language teaching as FL and SL.
The main fields are:
- Principles on Descriptive Linguistics;
- The scientific study of the language (manuals, dictionaries, repertoires, databases);
- The features of a language;
- Different forms of analysis: phonology, morphology, syntax, text, pragmatics, vocabulary;
- Sociolinguistic varieties;
- The Italian language between innovation and preservation;
- The Italian grammar;
- The violation of rules;
- Acquisition of language main theories;
- Italian language and Language Teaching;
- Language education for literacy.
||La grammatica nell'insegnamento dell'italiano per stranieri
|Maria Grazia Lo Duca
||Lingua italiana ed educazione linguistica
|Giovanni Gobber e Moreno Morani
||(capp. 5,7,8,9,10,11); gli studenti e le studentesse non frequentanti dovranno studiare tutti i capitoli.
||Nuovo manualetto di linguistica italiana
||Prima lezione di grammatica
||Testo richiesto agli studenti e alle studentesse non frequentanti.
The evaluation of the learning will be through activity of periodic assessment and through a written test that includes opened items of linguistic and language education and the critical analysis of a case study.
Attending students can participate to a group presentation and it will account 2 bonus points more.
Students who could not attend the course are given a specific bibliography.
Students are required to demonstrate:
- To know the principal theories of the linguistic acquisition;
- To be competent as it regards the elements of description of the Italian language and the languages;
- To correctly use the specialist lexicon of the linguistics and the language education;
- To know language educational approaches for ML and SL acquisition
The evaluation is expressed up to 30, the test is divided in two parts: open questions and exercises of transcription (25 pt) and analysis of a case study (6 pt), to which can be added the possible bonus of 2 pt for extra group activities.