Sport and plays for school-age kids
Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
M-EDF/02 - SPORT SCIENCES AND METHODOLOGY
I SEMESTRE dal Oct 1, 2018 al Jan 25, 2019.
The course provides to students the fundamental concepts of games for elementary school-aged children.
The expected learning outcomes are:
1. Defining a distinction in games for children 5-7 , 8-9 and 10-11 years old.
2. Establishing a direct connession between didactic action and the own characteristics of school-aged children.
3. Distinguishing and link among them the concepts of “game”, “motor literacy”, “young sports training”.
4. Explaining and analysing playful proposal based on an evolution, a continuity and a purpose of the game;
5. Learning to behave following developmental processes in school age distinguished in:
that come from knowledge of physical, motor, cognitive, social and emotional characteristics of young and older children.
6. Defining methods of the playful-didactic action, that are:
- Game facilitation
- Game stabilisation
- Game complication.
The course will deal with the following topics:
1. THEORY MODULES ( 16 HOURS)
- The motor, organic- muscolar, cognitive and emotional characteristics of school-aged children.
- Gross motor skills and the acquisition of foundamental motor skills ( locomotor and not locomotor) through play
- Motor literacty and sport game proposals
- Minisport : the mini section of individual and team sports. The donosport and the multisport.
2. PRATICAL TRAINING MODULES ( 15 HOURS)
- Games for the development of special coordination skills.
- Games that challenge Executive Functions. Three principles of Mental Engagement: Contextual interference, Mental control ( Stopping games; Updating games; Switching games), Discovery.
- Warm-up games, “Key games”, “Little games” and High motivation final games.
- The evolution game: game simplification, stabilisation and complication.
Meetings in classrooms, provide for taught lessons with slides and connections with the scientific literature, both the classical and the contemporary ones.
Meetings at the gym include the practice of lessons with different teaching styles by command and by discovery, to make students understand how to conduct didactic activities in the best way to meet the disciplinary contents and the specific didactic contexts.
||GiocosaMente in Movimento
||CALZETTI MARIUCCI editore
|Pesce C, Marchetti R,, Motta A., Bellucci M.
||Joy of moving
||"Manuale di Scienze motorie e sportive"
The exam purpose consists in verifing the learning level achieved and the educational targets described before.
The exam consists in a written test that includes five open questions (10 minutes for each one). After every answer it is requested to trace a line to show the summary property.
The practice part will be judged with a paper that has to be presented to the professor at the moment of the exam, which deals with a lesson for a class of school-aged children (competences).