Social Psychology of Groups and Organizations
Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
M-PSI/05 - SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY
Knowledge and understanding 1. Providing students with knowledge and understanding of psychological theories that address the fundamental processes underlying the social cognition and perception in the organizational context of services 2. Providing students with knowledge and understanding of psychological theories that address individuals and group’s attitudes and behaviors in the organizational context of services. Applying knowledge and understanding 1. Applying theories on individual, group, organizational functioning to the understanding and analysis. of the functioning and adjustment of individuals to the social environment and to the organizational context within services 2. Applying theories to the understanding and development of the practitioner – service / user’s relationship. 3. Applying theories to the understanding and co-construction of social relationships with co-workers and supervisor within services.
This course will specially discuss the following areas:
1) Critical understanding of the residential child-care worker/user relationship, of the intra professional and inter-professional relationships within youth services;
2) The residential child-care worker within the organization: professional perceived self efficacy of youth workers, physicians, psychologists and teachers; The relationship with the family of origin of users;
3) attachment and care giving.
1) F. E. Mennen*, M. O’Keefe , 2005, Informed decisions in child welfare: The use of attachment theory in Children and Youth Services Review , 27, pp. 577–593;
2) T. J. Blakely , G. M. Dziadosz , 2015, Application of Attachment Theory in Clinical Social Work, Health & Social Work Volume 40, Number 4;
3) M. Pedrazza, 2012, La valutazione degli interventi educativi, Orientamenti Pedagogici, Vol. 59, n.2, pp. 277-297
4) M. Pedrazza, S. Berlanda, F. De Cordova, M. Fraizzoli, 2018, The changing Educators' Work Environment in Contemporary Society, Frontiers in Psychology, Vol. 9, art. 2186
|Monica Pedrazza, Sabrina Berlanda
||I professionisti nei servizi per minori. Comunicazione, innovazione e buone prassi
Students are required to know the presented theoretical constructs, as well as to interpret the behavior of users potentially in charge of services, and the co-workers/leaders behavior in the organization according to the theories and concepts included in the syllabus.
The ORAL examination consists of question concerning both general and specific issues.
Grading: evaluation from 0/30 to 6/30 will be assigned to each answer with reference to the quality of the student’s written work according to the following criteria:
- Language appropriateness
- Answer’s coherence with the posed questions
- Student’s ability to synthesize
- The answer is not redundant
- Use of scientific terminology, appropriate to treated concepts and issues
EXTRAORDINARY PROCEDURE FOR ONLINE EXAMS DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID -19 EMERGENCY:
ORAL EXAMS WILL BE CONDUCTED REMOTELY ON ZOOM MEETINGS