Psychology and organization of volunteering institutions
Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
M-PSI/06 - WORK AND ORGANIZATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY
1° semestre motorie dal Oct 1, 2020 al Jan 29, 2021.
The general aim of the course is to provide the basic knowledge and methodological tools to understand the child's main developmental processes (physical, motor, perceptual, cognitive, emotional, social, and linguistic). The specific objectives of the course are to succeed in framing the key concepts of developmental psychology into motor and sports education. Recent findings from the scientific international literature will be presented and discussed.
The course is divided in two parts.
INTRODUCTORY FIRST PART
The first introductory part will presents the basic elements of the course:
- brief historical analysis of organizational sport psychology;
- disciplinary boundaries;
- the most recent fields of research (a. organizational performance, b. organizational stress perceived by athletes, coaches, and parents, c. perception of roles in sports teams and organizations, d. success factors in sport and in business, e. contexts and organizations that promote performance in elite sport, f. organizational citizenship behaviours in sport) and intervention organizational sport psychology;
- analysis of research methodologies in sport and exercise.
ADVANCED SECOND PART
The advanced second part will explore some thematic areas:
(1) theoretical approaches and definitions of sport organizations; organizational design; definition of adhocracy; distinction between organizational theory and organizational sport psychology;
(2) the structure of a sport organization and the study of organizational behavior; hierarchies and power in sport organizations; theoretical models and applications of leadership in sport organizations;
(3) the different types of sport organizations and Chelladurai’s classification (1985, 1992); the third sector in sport and exercise; definitions of management and marketing in sport; study of the behaviour, motivations, and decision making of the direct and indirect sport consumers;
(4) psychology in sports organizations; definitions, goals, motivations, values, and meaning of sport work; professions in sport and physical exercise in Italy and Europe; the profession of kinesiologist in Italy and in Europe; the process of professionalization;
(5) entrepreneurship in sport and exercise; non-profit organizations (NPOs) and volunteering in sport and exercise; volunteering in the non-profit Italian sector.
|Slack T., Parent M.
||Understanding Sport Organizations. The Application of Organization Theory
||Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics