Clinical practice (3rd year)
Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
MED/48 - NURSING IN NEUROPSYCHIATRY AND REHABILITATION
1 SEMESTRE PROFESSIONI SANITARIE, 2 SEMESTRE PROFESSIONI SANITARIE
PREREQUISITES Attendance at the Professional Laboratory, Exercises and Simulations, and Tutorial Sessions in preparation for the experience.
METHODOLOGY Coaching with an experienced professional (Internship Guide/Internship Supervisor) in specific healthcare settings on a 1/1 or 1/2 ratio, completion of Teaching Assignments.
SETTING Experience in g experience in geriatric, pediatric and visceral (cardio-respiratory, phlebo-lymphatic, pelviperineal) settings and, if possible for further study, in interest. Experience in Erasmus partner sites (for winners of the ERASMUS project scholarship).
At the end of the third year of the course the student must be able to
- Establish a professional relationship with the person being cared for, family members, caregivers and the multi-professional team;
- Own the data of the person being cared for, perform a focused and relevant clinical functional assessment;
- Identify relevant physical therapy problems and propose physical therapy treatment;
- Perform physiotherapy treatment in orthopedic, neurological, geriatric and visceral settings;
- Document and ensure continuity of care and develop organizational skills.
During each internship experience, the clinical tutor and the internship guide accompany the student providing feedback and interview moments with the aim of informing him/her about the level of achievement of the expected skills.
At the end of each internship experience is completed and delivered to the student an evaluation form which summarizes the levels of competence achieved.
At the end of each year of the course, a collegial certification evaluation, expressed in thirtieths, is conducted, attesting to the levels achieved by the student in the development of expected professional skills.
This evaluation is the result of information and student data derived from the summary of the internship evaluation forms, the quality of the written papers, and the level of performance demonstrated during the internship examination.
The internship examination is given at the end of each year of the course and uses written application and practical simulation tests.