Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
M-PED/01 - PEDAGOGY, THEORIES OF EDUCATION AND SOCIAL EDUCATION
Sem. 2A dal Feb 14, 2022 al Mar 26, 2022.
Knowledge and understanding 1. Know the essential features of the pedagogist's professional profile and understand the complexity of the functions and areas in which the pedagogical work manifested. 2. Define the concept of "fragility" and its semantic extension, which involves social contexts and processes, ages and life choices, personal beliefs and cultural values. 3. Understand that educational work and pedagogical knowledge are also "fragile" practices, but awareness of this dimension can be an element of strength and not of professional weakness. Applying knowledge and understanding 1. Identify what could be the "new fragilities" that emerge not only from the economic and social world, but also from the sphere of relationship life and from the crisis of meaning horizons. 2. Knowing how to recognize and deepen the many "faces" of fragility by looking for the cause in the loss of one's individual, social and cultural identity. 3. Develop pedagogical research projects and consequent educational interventions starting from a positive vision of fragility, understood as an existential condition that is at the bottom of every age of life.
The programme is divided into two closely related basic themes: the first concerns the theme of "fragility", understood as a common interpretative element, present in various ways in subjects and contexts of life. The second one concerns the professional figure of the pedagogist in his/her role as pedagogical consultant.
What is meant by fragility? How to read fragility in the light of the different cultural sensitivities present in educational realities? From fragility (individual, group, relational, contextual, environmental) what transformative energy can arise in an educational counselling process? What are the limits to educational counselling?
In particular we will explore:
The fragilities related to family life
The fragilities related to the relational transformations brought about by the pandemic
Weaknesses related to the crisis of personal and professional identity and the principle of social responsibility.
We will explore which work contexts, functions and competences are required from the pedagogical consultant. In particular we will go through some questions relevant to pedagogical work:
How to listen and read needs?
How to learn from situated knowledge and genealogies that construct the becoming of 'who we are'?
Narrative as one of the tools of the pedagogical consultant.
Teaching methods and tools
Classroom work involves the active participation of students and the creation of working groups.
- Interactive theoretical lectures
- Testimonials from experienced pedagogues
- Experimentation with tools on the theme of narration and listening
- Analysis of complex educational situations: the circle of care
1. D. Simeone, La consulenza educativa. Dimensione pedagogica della relazione d’aiuto, Milano: Vita e Pensiero, 2011.
2. I. Salomone, Secondo me. Saggio autobiografico sulla consulenza pedagogica, Esperienze e connessioni, 2019.
One book selected from:
- Teresa Punta, Segnali di vita. Diari di bordo dalla scuola. Pratiche di vita nella Patagonia argentina, ed. Junior, 2021.
- Bell Hooks, Insegnare a trasgredire. L’educazione come pratica della libertà, Meltemi, 2020.
- Maria Livia Alga, Rosanna Cima, (a cura di), Allargare il cerchio. Pratiche per una comune umanità, Progedit, 2020.
- Rosanna Cima, Attraverso lo sguardo. Per una pedagogia dell’incontro, Carocci, 2019.
Visualizza la bibliografia con Leganto, strumento che il Sistema Bibliotecario mette a disposizione per recuperare i testi in programma d'esame in modo semplice e innovativo.
Examination test procedure:
The exam will be conducted in ORAL FORM.
During the oral exam the questions will be of the following type:
• questions of a “descriptive” nature, to verify the correct learning of the studied contents and the ability to summarize the most important contents;
• "argumentative" questions, to verify both the ability to explain through which logical steps a reflection, a demonstration or a theory develops;
• questions of "connection" or "comparison" between authors, specific themes, concepts and theories, to verify the reasoning competence;
• "application" or "operational" questions, to verify the ability to think, in concrete and operational terms, of the theoretical contents being studied and to translate them into professional practice