General Pedagogy [Matricole pari]
Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
M-PED/01 - PEDAGOGY, THEORIES OF EDUCATION AND SOCIAL EDUCATION
1° semestre dal Oct 1, 2021 al Jan 21, 2022.
At the end of the course the student: 1) knows the main issues of pedagogical reflection and some of the most significant theories; 2) is able to reflect critically on educational problems and experiences, using appropriately the pedagogical language and its fundamental concepts; 3) is able to interpret the educational dimensions of sport; 4) is able to recognize and valorize the essential characteristics of the sports educator.
The course is divided into two parts.
[A] In the first part, introductory to the study of the pedagogical discipline as a critical reflection on education in the broader panorama of educational sciences, the central concepts of pedagogy, its epistemological foundations and the main reference theories will be examined.
A1. Centrality of pedagogy and education in contemporary society:
- distinction between educability, education and pedagogy;
- basic concepts of pedagogical discourse and the interdisciplinary nature of pedagogy;
- formal elements of pedagogy: purpose, method, means, contents, educator-pupil relationship, environment;
- theoretical and methodological elements indispensable in the construction of educational projects;
- implementation of educational projects taking into account the diversity of individual educational situations that characterize each specific context of intervention.
A2. Educational challenges in contemporary society:
- need for education and pedagogy;
- origin of pedagogy and the path through which it has become scientifically established;
- political, labor and cultural changes and crises;
- placement of pedagogy among the educational sciences;
- development of the various pedagogical currents and the role of pedagogy in the face of complexity;
- various sectors of pedagogical intervention.
[B] In the second part, we will enter into the merits of the relationship between pedagogy and sport, analyzing its educational values and considering the profile of the sports professional from the point of view of his educational skills, also exploring methodologies, practices and educational experiences in the sports field.
B1. Pedagogy, sport and epistemology:
- Sport, education and science
- Sport and human training
- Sport and pedagogical anthropology
- Sport and critical pedagogy
B2. Pedagogy, sport and ethical-social issues:
- Sport between values and virtues
- Sport as an ethical-pedagogical project
- Sport and educational agents
On the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the birth of Paulo Freire (1921-1997), an in-depth seminar on the figure of the great Brazilian pedagogist will be held in remote mode, with reading of passages from his main works.
(Participation in the seminar is completely free and without exam commitment, but registration will be required).
Visualizza la bibliografia con Leganto, strumento che il Sistema Bibliotecario mette a disposizione per recuperare i testi in programma d'esame in modo semplice e innovativo.
The bibliographic references and materials for the preparation of the exam are the same for attending and non-attending students.