Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
IUS/01 - PRIVATE LAW
Language of instruction
2° periodo di lezioni - aprile/maggio 2019, 2° periodo di lezioni - febbraio/aprile 2019
The course aims at introducing the students to the knowledge of the fundamental concepts and legal rules governing relationships between individuals. The students will familiarize with the methodological tools that are needed to analyse and solve private law cases with success. The teaching will focus on the general part of private law, and on the laws of persons, subjective rights, obligations and corresponding sources, specific contracts, consumer contracts, family, goods and real rights, inher-itance, donations.
Private Law in General
Obligations and their sources
Contracts of Donation
1) A. TRABUCCHI, Istituzioni di diritto civile, Padova, Cedam, 48a ed., 2017, (the entire volume with the exclusion of following parts: Capo IX, Sez. III; Capo XII, Sez. III; Capo XIII);
2) C.M. BIANCA, Istituzioni di diritto privato, Milano, Giuffré, 2014 (the entire book)
The students are allowed to use other equivalent handbooks, provided that they arrange the program with their teacher.
3) last edition of the Italian Civil Code. Some suggested editions are:
- G. DE NOVA (a cura di), Codice civile e leggi collegate, Bologna, Zanichelli;
- A. DI MAJO (a cura di), Codice Civile con la Costituzione, il Trattato CE e le principali norme complementari, Milano, Giuffrè;
- P. SCHLESINGER , Codice civile, Padova, Cedam.
|G. DE NOVA
||Codice civile e leggi collegate
||Istituzioni di diritto civile
||Cedam - Padova
Students who regularly attended the classes (provided that they are enrolled in the first year and ongoing) may take part to a test of exoneration, which is organised at the end of the lesson period but before the first exam call (early May). The test will include questions both in response to multiple answers and in response on the following topics: - The topics covered in Chapters I (Private Law in general), II (Legal Act and Contract), III (Subjects and Rights of Persons), IV (Family Law), and XII (Various sources of non-contractual obligations: only para 414 -431) of the handbook by A. TRABUCCHI, Istituzioni di diritto civile, Padua, 48a ed., 2017; - or, alternatively, the same topics covered in the corresponding chapters of the handbook by C. M. BIANCA, Istituzioni di diritto privato, Milano, 2014 (specifically Chapters I-XII, XXXIV-XLVII, XLIX-LI, LIV-LX, LXV-LXXIII). In case of overcoming this test, the attending student will be exempted from the further pre-assessment test and may then, in an ordinary examination round, directly hold the examination as an oral interview. In addition, the topics covered by the exoneration test will be excluded from the oral program. The exemption test retains value until the last examinatin call of September.