Humanistic informatics laboratory
Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
NN - -
Language of instruction
II semestre dal Feb 27, 2012 al Jun 8, 2012.
The lessons will explain the teorethical and methodological basis of Humanities Computing, a science which, by means of the methods belonging to Computer Science, studies the structures of representation of the knowledge peculiar to the Humanities, the data-models and the implemetation of procedures belonging to such kind of data.
Contents of the lessons:
- Elements of theory of Information
- Elaboration of the information: procedures and languages
- Sharing the information: systems of data storage and databases
- The digital text: texts, hypertexts and hypermedia
- Models for the computational analysis of digital texts
- Dealing with semantics data: models, architectures, languages
- Impacts of digital literacy on textual perception
- F. Tomasi, Metodologie informatiche e discipline umanistiche, Carocci, Roma 2008
Additional bibliography, for students seeking further background reading:
- T. Orlandi, Informatica umanistica, La Nuova Italia Scientifica (ora Carocci), Roma 1990
- T. Numerico, D. Fiormonte, F. Tomasi, L'umanista digitale, Il Mulino, Bologna 2010
- A. Roversi, Introduzione alla comunicazione mediata dal computer, Il Mulino, Bologna 2004
- L. Paccagnella, La comunicazione al computer, Il Mulino, Bologna 2000
- La sezione di Informatica Umanistica della rivista elettronica "Griseldaonline"
WARNING: the students who can't attend at least 1/3 of the lessons must write a summary of one of the suggested books. The summary must be submitted at least four days before the exam via e-mail.
Students who attended the lessons:
Test (multiple choiche)
Students who were unable to attend to the lessons:
Summary of one of the suggested books and Test (multiple choiche)
Deadline for submission of the summary: four days before the exam. The paper must be submitted via e-mail.