Theory and pedagogy of fitness
Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
M-EDF/02 - SPORT SCIENCES AND METHODOLOGY
MOTORIE 2° semestre dal Mar 2, 2020 al May 31, 2020.
Acquisition of the basic teaching and methodological skills of some of the activities present in the current panorama of the fitness group.
- Students will know the components and criteria of motor activities aimed at maintaining a good state of health and well-being in healthy adults; they will know and understand the advantages and limitations of the different forms of fitness groups within the panorama of wellness-oriented motor practice.
- They will know the correct motor execution techniques of the main basic steps (on a musical basis), the basic and complementary exercises of muscle conditioning with free body and with small tools (of the fitness group) and will be able to perform them correctly.
- They will be able to direct the different phases of simple lessons, using some basic teaching methods and some forms of monitoring the intensity of the exercise.
- They will be able to apply the instructor-specific conducting techniques (cueing).
Role in promoting the health of resistance, strength training (ACSM prescriptions); acute and chronic effects.
Music role and musical structure, basic cueing.
The main stages of a lesson:
Warm up: role and function. Different modes. Warm up phases. Basic bodyweight steps: correct execution, potentially dangerous exercises. Initial stretching. Use of music and specific cueing.
The central phase (work out): different methodologies and techniques based on the physiological / morphological / functional objectives of the course analyzed.
- Free body sequences and with the step tool. Simple teaching methodologies
Basic exercises for muscle conditioning in the main body areas with free body and with specific and non-specific, so-called "makeshift" tools of the fitness group.
Movement terminology and knowledge of the biomechanical action of the main muscle areas.
Use of music in muscle conditioning and cueing.
Forms of monitoring the intensity of the exercise.
Cooling down and stretching
Training in joint mobility and motor control in collective fitness.
The professionalism of the instructor and techniques will communicate you.
|W. D. Mcardle, F. I. Katch, V. L. Katch
||FISIOLOGIA APPLICATA ALLO SPORT Aspetti energetici, nutrizionali e performance
||Casa Editrice Ambrosiana
|• Garber CE et others
||Quantity and quality of exercise for developing and maintaining cardiorespiratory, musculoskeletal, and neuromotor fitness in apparently healthy adults: guidance for prescribing exercise
||Med Sci Sports Exerc.
The final summative assessment of the course will be carried out considering the assessments of the following three aspects, if the current distance teaching method allows, otherwise only the first of the three assessments will be implemented:
1 - Theoretical test vote: written questionnaire at the end of the course, containing questions with multiple and open answers;
2- Practical mark: video lesson * of practical conduct by the student of two phases of a fitness group lesson which will be indicated by the teacher, using the "basic" techniques studied. Elaboration and delivery, before or during the practical examination, of a file containing the description of the various phases of the lesson to be performed, with verticalization of the choreographic product (if required)
3- Average of the assessments of the tasks, exercises, tests assigned during the course.
* In case of resumption of activities in presence, it will be possible to provide for the assessment of the theoretical and practical aspects in presence.