Spanish language 2
Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
L-LIN/07 - LANGUAGE AND TRANSLATION - SPANISH
II semestre (Lingue e letterature straniere) dal Feb 14, 2022 al May 28, 2022.
The course aims at helping students:
– know the basic theoretical concepts of Spanish Phonetics and Phonology;
– know normative aspects of Spanish pronunciation;
– know the phonetic and phonological system of Spanish in contrast with Italian;
– think about phonetic and phonological structures of both languages by means of phonetic transcriptions - do phonetic and phonological transcriptions;
– observe the differences between pronunciation and spelling;
– produce phonetically correct speech.
– acquire the knowledge necessary to implement the teaching of Spanish L2 with special attention to the phonic aspects of the language and to the development of the phonic competence, which is essential for the communicative competence.
Furthermore, B2 language level of competence in Spanish (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) is also required.
The course intends to outline the phonetic and phonological systems of contemporary standard Spanish. The fundamental concepts of Spanish phonetics, exemplified in detail with transcriptions, as well as those elements emerging from a contrastive analysis between the Italian and the Spanish systems, will be examined:
- Theoretical aspects (phonatory apparatus, phonology, phonetics, phoneme, phone, stress, syllable, etc.)
- Phonetic and phonological contrastive analysis of Italian and Spanish; phonemes, allophones, prosodic aspects.
- Phonetic alphabet.
All teaching material used during the course (presentations, texts, short essays and articles etc.) is part of the bibliography for the final exam and will be available on the Moodle platform.
Visualizza la bibliografia con Leganto, strumento che il Sistema Bibliotecario mette a disposizione per recuperare i testi in programma d'esame in modo semplice e innovativo.
The exam consists of a test on theoretical and practical questions related to the course program, the bibliography and the didactic materials provided in e-learning mode. Both the formulation of the questions and the answers will be made in writing and in Spanish. The test consists of open-ended questions, multiple-choice questions and exercises. Some require metalinguistic reflection, the ability to detect phenomena handled throughout the course and to provide examples of them. The grade will be determined by calculating the average between the score obtained in the linguistic competence (B2) and that obtained in the test of the subject. The results will be communicated through a notice published on the corresponding website ("Avvisi"). For students who do not attend class, the program and the form of evaluation are the same.
LINGUISTIC COMPETENCE REQUIRED:
Level 3 (ALTE), B2 (Council of Europe).
Assessment of linguistic competence will be on the grounds of certificates issued by the CLA (the University Linguistic Centre) or by other accredited institutions (see “Students’ Manual”, p. 25).
PREREQUISITES: Students taking this exam must have already passed the exams of Spanish Language and Literature of the 1st year.
Erasmus students should contact the teacher.