General Pedagogy [Cognomi M-Z]
Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
M-PED/01 - PEDAGOGY, THEORIES OF EDUCATION AND SOCIAL EDUCATION
Sem. IA (31.10.16 sosp.lezioni), Sem. IB
The course has a double aim:
1) Formative and professional aims: to make understand the existential, social, cultural and professional value of the educative practice and the pedagogical reflection.
2) Cognitive aims: to give a general introduction to the meaning of education (“what is education”?), pedagogy (“what is pedagogy” and “why many pedagogical branches”) and the presence of other subjects during the studies of educational sciences;
At the root of these general and formative aims, the lessons propose three specific educational aims, in connection with the three parts of the course:
a) professional part: to reflect on the meaning of the educative work, as it is lived as a personal choice and a professional activity;
b) educative part: to identify the basic structure, the thematic, the problems and the concepts that are present in every educational experiences;
c) pedagogical part: to understand the unitary and at the same time interdisciplinary nature of pedagogical knowledge;
The course will deal with the following topics, related both to the general and to the monographic part:
- to do of education a professional choice
- the individual, social, cultural need of education;
- analysis of the structural elements of every educational experience;
- meaning, aims and branches of the pedagogical knowledge;
- from “pedagogy” to “educational sciences”;
- the theoretic, empirical and the planning dimension of pedagogical knowledge;
- the professional ethics of educator.
Texts for the exam:
For the exam preparation to two of the following texts are mandatory for every students:
- D. Loro, Diventare educatore professionale. Strutture, dinamismi, contesti e significati del lavoro educativo.
- V. Iori (a cura di), Animare l’educazione. Gioco pittura musica danza teatro cinema parole, Milano, ed. Franco Angeli, 2012, seconda ristampa 2016.
- E. Morin, Insegnare a vivere. Manifesto per cambiare l’educazione, Milano, ed. Raffaello Cortina, 2015,
Lessons will be frontal in the main, with the possibility to intervene with questions, short debates and educational training related to the themes of the day. It’s possible the projection of a picture, that will be analysed and explained of educational point of view.
The exam consists of a two-hour written text. It consists of 20 open questions of different types: questions with closed and opened answers.
Students enrolled in previous years must prepare their exam on the programme of the current academic year, except for those who previously communicate to their teacher (who is expected to give the last decision) their serious reasons for not doing so.
This is scientifically and didactically correct for some reasons:
- to assure the link between the programme of the exam and the academic year in which the student takes the exam,
- it is required by the “diploma supplement”;
- Each year the programme of the course is deepened and updated in its contents with regard to those of the previous years.