Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
M-GGR/01 - GEOGRAPHY
Sem. 1A dal Sep 24, 2018 al Nov 10, 2018.
In the wider context of human geography, students will understand the theoretical and methodological bases of social and cultural geography and their value in the contemporary society.
Beginning from their own geographies, students will learn concepts, paradigms and method of geographic investigation.
The case study is focused on Western Africa.
This is important for a better comprehension of their own professional position, their own world ideas and visions, and their own judgements making, specifically in the educational field.
1- KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
- Knowledge of the study object of geography, the geographical point of view, basic concepts and topics of the communities and life territories relationships.
- Knowledge and understanding of the geographical aspects in the contemporary narration of the society-environment-territory relationships.
- Understanding of the geographical aspects of the educational work in the wide range of professional training.
2. APPLYING KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
- to choose correctly the concepts in the contemporary narration of humans-environment-territory relationship, specifically regarding to the contexts of the educational work.
- to be able to use the terminology and methodology related to the geography useful to educational work.
- to be able to continue to update the geographical knowledges referred to contexts and scientific topics useful to educational work
- Nature-Culture relationships and the main paradigms; Geography and Geographies.
- Geographical lexicon: place/site/milieu; space; territory; environment; landscape
- Geographical representation: maps; geographic and cartographic scales.
- Globalization, polarization, glocalization
- Urban spaces; Citizenship; Partecipation
- Development and related Indicators
- Case study: Western Africa
Lessons, interactive lessons, group work (It will be necessary, materials will be provided), expert meeting, case reports, visual analysis, excursion (if possible)
Greiner A.L., Dematteis G., Lanza C., Geografia umana. Un approccio visuale, Utet, Torino, NUOVA EDIZIONE 2016, chapters 1, 3, 5, 6, 10.
Gamberoni E., Pistocchi F., L’Africa occidentale. Ritratto di un’Africa che cambia, Bologna, Pàtron, 2013.
|Greiner A.L., Dematteis G., Lanza C.,
||Geografia umana. Un approccio visuale
|GAMBERONI E., PISTOCCHI F.,
||L’Africa occidentale. Ritratto di un’Africa che cambia
Written exam (open questions and multiple choice questions). The evaluation is on scale of 30. It will consider: knowledge, ability to communicate clearly, proper use of geographical terms, spelling and syntax.