Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
IUS/09 - PUBLIC LAW
First semester dal Oct 4, 2010 al Dec 22, 2010.
The course deals with Italian constitutional law in a diachronic perspective, focusing in particular on the most established constitutional practices in the republican experience. The course aims at providing the students with the basic principles of the discipline and, in general, with the necessary tools to tackle and master the whole juridical phenomenon in the final years of studies and in the development of the future professional activity. In order to achieve this, students will be actively involved: some will produce oral presentations on specific topics of the programme; it will thus be easier to assess the correct learning of the issues discussed, and the appropriate use of legal language. These presentations, if positively evaluated, will be taken into account towards the exam overall mark, with the assignment of “didactic credits”, as explained at the beginning of the course.
1. Historical profile of the Italian constitutional law.
2. Sources of the law.
3. Forms of direct democracy.
4. The rights of citizens.
5. The Constitutional duties.
6. The Parliament.
7. The President of the Republic.
8. The Government.
9. The relations between Government and Parliament.
10. The Administration in the Constitution.
11. The judicial power.
12. The Constitutional Court.
13. Regions and local autonomies.
The examination will be based on the following coursebook, to be mastered thoroughly:
• V. ONIDA, M. PEDRAZZA GORLERO (a cura di), Compendio di Diritto Costituzionale, Giuffrè, Milano, 2009.
In addition, the student will be required to know the Constitutional norms, together with the main State, Constitutional and ordinary laws related to the indicated disciplines; these can be found in any of the following collections:
• AA. VV., Leggi fondamentali del diritto pubblico e costituzionale, Giuffrè, Milano, ult. ed.;
• E. BETTINELLI, L’ordinamento repubblicano, Plus, Pisa, ult. ed.;
• P. COSTANZO, Testi normativi per lo studio del diritto costituzionale italiano ed europeo, Giappichelli, Torino, ult. ed.;
• G. DE VERGOTTINI, F.A. ROVERSI MONACO, Codice costituzionale e amministrativo, Maggioli, Rimini, ult. ed.
The examination will take place in written form.