Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
SECS-P/08 - MANAGEMENT
primo semestre dal Sep 24, 2012 al Dec 21, 2012.
The American Marketing Association represents marketing professionals. Combining its 2004 and 2007 definitions, “marketing is the activity for creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging offerings that benefit its customers, the organization, its stakeholders, and society at large.” This definition shows marketing is far more than simply advertising or personal selling. It stresses the need to deliver genuine benefits in the offerings of goods, services, and ideas marketed to customers. Also, note that the organization doing the marketing, the stakeholders affected (such as customers, employees, suppliers, and shareholders), and society should all benefit.
Marketing affects all individuals, all organizations, all industries, and all countries. This course seeks to teach you marketing concepts, often by having you actually “do marketing”—by putting you in the shoes of a marketing manager facing actual marketing decisions. The textbook also shows marketing's many applications and how it affects our lives. This knowledge should make you a better consumer, enable you to be a more informed citizen, and help you in your career planning.
The Marketing lectures in Vicenza will cover marketing under analytic- strategic-operational perspectives, to understand, with the large use of cases and examples, the implementation of marketing process. They'll be given in Italian, with the support of some slides, video cases and a portion of the textbook, in English.
The programme will cover the following items:
- Creating Customer Relationships and Value through Marketing
- Developing Successful Marketing and Organizational Strategies
- Scanning the Marketing Environment
- Understanding Consumer Behavior
- Market Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning
- Developing New Products and Services
- Managing Successful Products and Brands
- Building the Price Foundation
- Arriving at the Final Price
- Managing Marketing Channels and Wholesaling
- Personal Selling and Sales Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications and Direct Marketing
- Advertising, Sales Promotion, and Public Relations
- Implementing Interactive and Multichannel Marketing
- Using Social Media to Connect with Consumers
- The Strategic Marketing Process and Marketing Plan.
P.Signori, Marketing, McGraw-Hill, 2012.
The marketing textbook is available as an e-book or hard copy. It contains chapters in Italian and chapters in English.
This handkbook is extracted from “Marketing” by Kerin, Berkowitz, Hartley, Rudelius, Pellegrini, The McGraw-Hill, 2010 (2nd edition - Italian version) integrated with some chapters has been added from the English version of Marketing, Kerin-Hartley-Rudelius, 11th Edition, McGraw-Hill, 2013.
In case of foreign students, the second handbook can be choosen, in English. Contact the lecturer to check the chapters to study.
There is a website dedicated to students (http://connect.mcgraw-hill.com), where online resources are available.
||Marketing (versione cartacea)
||Marketing (versione ebook)
The exam will be constituted by a written and an oral part.
The written part will be a number of open questions related to operational marketing (it will be in Italian - or in English if requested). The oral exam will cover the entire program (in Italian or English).
Lectures will be given in Italian, with a large use of slides and video cases in English. During the course, students will be asked to submit some assignments. These assignments will be multiple choice questions in English.