Lingua di erogazione
Settore Scientifico Disciplinare (SSD)
SECS-P/11 - ECONOMIA DEGLI INTERMEDIARI FINANZIARI
Secondo Semestre Magistrali dal 22-feb-2016 al 1-giu-2016.
The Course aims at developing participant’s skills on how the International financial markets work. In recent years both markets and securities have evolved to meet the changing and complex needs of different participants in the financial system. In this regard, the Course intends to focus on the knowledge of the major types of markets in which securities trade, the trading process and the major players in these arenas. A special attention is devoted to the many venues and procedures available for trading securities in International markets with a particular focus on the issues of financial regulation and competition.
A. ELEMENTS OF INVESTMENTS
1. Investments: Background and Issues
2. Assets classes and financial Instruments
3. Securities markets
4. Mutual Funds and other investment companies
B. PORTFOLIO THEORY
1. Risk and return: past and prologue
2. Efficient diversification
3. Capital Asset Pricing and Arbitrage Pricing Theory
C. SECURITY ANALYSIS
1. Macroeconomic and Industry Analysis
2. Equity Valuation
3. Financial Statement Analysis
D. ACTIVE INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
1. Globalization and International Investing
Bodie Z., Kane A., Marcus A.J., Essential of Investments, McGraw Hill, 2010, selected chapters: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 19.
The teacher will suggest additional readings.
The exam consists of a multiple choice written text both for attending and non-attending students.