Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
SECS-P/08 - MANAGEMENT
secondo semestre magistrali dal Feb 24, 2020 al May 29, 2020.
This course intends to analyze public services from a managerial perspective. In particular, the course aims to develop students’ knowledge about the following aspects: - the concept of public service - the role and functions of public institutions - the characteristics and peculiarities of public utilities - the managerial tools for providing quality public services The course also aims to develop the following students’ skills: - critical understanding of the context of public services in Italy, with a focus on local public utilities - ability to apply managerial tools to improve the quality of public services - ability to measure public service quality and customer satisfaction.
- Defining the public service
- Characteristics and aims of public institutions
- Types of public institutions (at a national and iternational level)
- Local public utilities management: between regulation and competition
- Public utilities supply chain: a focus on water and energy services
- Sustainability and energy efficiency
- Service management strategies and tools
- Market research in public services
- Customer centrality for quality in public services
- Relationships between public institutions and private businesses
- Smart cities and sharing economy in public services
- Lectures, students' active participation with the discussion of practical case studies and group work, and guest lectures.
-Study materials are different for attending and not-attending students to allow each student to fully reach the teaching aims of the course.
For attending students:
- lecture slides and other study materials discussed in class, lectures notes and guest lectures notes.
The lecture slides and other teaching materials will be available on the e-learning platform within the specific webpage prepared for this course. For teaching aims, the slides will be available to students after each lecture.
- Cucciniello, Fattore, Longo, Ricciuti, Turrini, Management pubblico, Egea, Milano, 2018 (capitoli 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 15, 20)
- Dezi, Gilardoni, Miglietta, Testa, Economia e management delle imprese di pubblica utilità, Cedam, Padova, 2005 (capitoli 1 e 2).
For non attending students:
- Cucciniello, Fattore, Longo, Ricciuti, Turrini, Management pubblico, Egea, Milano, 2018 (chapters 1, 2, 3, 5, 7. 8. 9, 11, 15, 20)
- Dezi, Gilardoni, Miglietta, Testa, Economia e management delle imprese di pubblica utilità, Cedam, Padova, 2005 (chapters 1, 2, 3, 8).
- Testa F., Vigolo V., "Barriere allo sviluppo dell’efficienza energetica. Una nuova lettura dell’energy efficiency gap e alcune proposte manageriali e di policy", Management delle utilities e delle infrastrutture, n. 4, 2015, pp. 12-20.
- Celata, Graditi, Testa, "Impiego di sistemi di generazione a basso impatto ambientale, accumulo e autoconsumo di energia elettrica: aspetti strategici, tecnologici e regolatori", Management delle utilities e delle infrastrutture, n. 4, 2018.
Please note that these articles are freely available online among the Library's digital resources.
|DEZI L. - GILARDONI A. - MIGLIETTA A. - TESTA F.
||Economia e management delle imprese di pubblica utilità
|Longo F., Turrini A., Fattore G., Cuciniello M., Ricciuti E.
The exam consists of:
a) a written exam which includes 5 questions with a space limit of 8 lines for each answer (3 questions will be the same for all students, 2 questions will be differentiated according to the programme for attending and non-attending students);
b) an oral exam which is:
-compulsory for those students that have obtained a mark higher than or equal to 28/30 in the written test;
-optional for those students that have obtained a mark between 18/30 and 27/30 in the written test.
Each answer in the written test can obtain a core from 0/30 to 6/30. The final evaluation of the written test derives from the sum of the scores obtained in each answer. A minimum score of 18/30 is necessary to pas the written test.
An example of the written test will be availble on the e-learning platform.
The oral examination can confirm, increase or decrease the mark of the written test.
- students' acquired knowledge
- students' ability to apply acquired knowledge to real cases and situations
- appropriate use of thechnical language.