Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
SECS-P/08 - MANAGEMENT
primo semestre lauree magistrali dal Oct 1, 2018 al Dec 21, 2018.
This Marketing Communication course is focus on theoretical and technical fundamentals of communications for business. In particular, adopting a marketing perspective, students will understand how to analyze markets and competitors in order to define an effective communication mix, along with effective media selection, planning and evaluation. New communication trends will be discussed, with particular attention to traditional and new media to boost engagement. During this course, students will be asked to critically discuss these tendencies and techniques, and to apply them creating a professional communication plan.
This marketing and communications course needs a basic knowledge on marketing concepts (analytical, strategical and operational). The programme offers theoretical and technical knowledge to help students in preparing professional communicatons plans. In details, the course will cover the following parts:
- Course introduction. Review of marketing fundamentals. General theories of marketing communication.
- The communication process and its monitoring (five Ws model and nine control areas). Communication models.Defining communication goals, aligned to marketing strategies.
- Advertising and Integrated Marketing Communication (Advertising and IMC today. The evolution of advertising and IMC.)
- Planning the campaing (consumer behavior analysis, FCB Grid. Kvaerk maps, market segmentation and profilation, marketing mix, determinants of campaign strategy. IMC planning, Planning media strategy - black box, John Christie, Bertier Marc- and disseminating the message. Creative strategy and the creative process. Brand Mapping, cluster mapping, cluster brand map. The budget.)
- Executing and evaluating the campaign (Creative execution: art and copy. Print, electronic and digital media production. Social Media. Out-of-Home, exhibitive and supplementary media.)
- Advertising Plan Outline. Building an effective communication plan. Case studies.
Action Learning and experiental learning method will be applied during this course, and as such there will be a mix of frontal lessons, small and large group discussions, case study analysis, seminars, company visits and guest speakers.
||Marketing Communications 2018/19
||Questo ebook è composto da capitoli di libro in italiano e in inglese, tratti dai seguenti libri:
- Signori P., (2008) Visioni percorsi e verifiche dei controlli manageriali. Applicazioni al marketing e alla comunicazione. Mc-Graw-Hill. CAP. 4
- Arens and Wingold (2017), Contemporary Advertising and Integrated Marketing Communications, 15th edition, McGraw-Hill, CAP 1-2-5-6-8-9-10-11-12-16-17-appendix B
- Kerin and Hartley (2019), Marketing, McGraw-Hill, 14th edition, appendix A.
Link all'ebook: https://create.mheducation.com/shop/#/catalog/details/?isbn=9781307084436
Link alle risorse elettroniche collegate all'ebook: http://connect.mheducation.com/class/signori-marketing-communications2019
This exam is scructured by 3 stages:
1) Written examination (five multiple choice questions and one exercise) maximum 15 points;
2) Project work: a communication plan for a real company (define the case study with the Professor and deliver at least one week before the written exam) maximum 15 points;
3) Oral exam (usually it is few days after the written exam), maximum 3 points.
The final grade is composed by the sum of these three sub-exams (minimum 18 points to pass are required).
Exam grading criteria:
- written exam: correct and complete open question answers +2; logic and aligned with request exercise solutions +5.
- oral exam: project work review for those students that have regularly attended the course, and case study discussion for students that have studied on the text book only.
- communication plan grading rubric: style (professionalism. appropriate); argument logic; extent fo casa date use; depth of thinking; thoroughness of topics covered; creativity; technical (grammar, sentence structure,...), format.
Communication plans and written exam simulations will be available in Marketing Communications e-learning page.