Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
SECS-P/08 - MANAGEMENT
secondo semestre magistrali dal Feb 24, 2020 al May 29, 2020.
The course intends to propose principles and tools for management and the strategic use of corporate communication aimed at activating effective relational contexts and sense-making processes with the multiple stakeholders of the company. In the process of negotiating meanings, contents and relations between the company and its internal and external stakeholders, the strategy and management of communication activities play a key role. The course covers a range of current topics from the point of view of the search for “consonance between business and the external context” such as: corporate reputation, international communication, management of organizational communication, diversity management, storytelling and business theater , the effectiveness of communication strategies in the event of a crisis, “difficult” communication (voice, silence, dissent and whistleblowing), underlining the importance of formal and institutionalized systems that facilitate the expression of the voice and contribute to a climate of communication open. Management methods will also be dealt with, such as organized stakeholder listening, media relations, event organization, public speaking. The in-depth study is conducted with seminar initiatives and taking into account the most recent research developments.
• Business communication: definition and purposes
• Corporate reputation
• International communication strategies
• Digital corporate communication
• Communicate for knowledge and alliance in organizational relationships
• Difficult communication: voice, silence, dissent and whistleblowing
• Crisis communication
• Diversity management
• Storytelling and business theater for organizational change
• Public speaking techniques
• Written communication (also on the web): business writing
• Relations with the media in the perspective of Corporate Communication
• Planning communication: an organizational and relational process
* * *
The teaching methods include both the use of lectures as regards the transmission of basic concepts, and the use of seminar-type group work and forms of active teaching, even with the participation of scholars, entrepreneurs and experts as privileged witnesses on some in-depth topics.
The textbook, lectures and exercises held in the classroom are part of the study program.
In-depth teaching materials will be made available during the lesson semester on the teaching e-learning area.
* * *
Study program for attending students:
1. Lecture notes
2. Alessandra Mazzei, Strategy and management of business communication. Relations and sense-making to manage and compete, FrancoAngeli srl, Milan, 2015 (chapters n. 11 and n. 12 are not included in the study program)
Study program for non-attending students:
1. The textbook by Alessandra Mazzei, Strategy and management of business communication. Relations and sense-making to manage and compete, FrancoAngeli srl, Milan, 2015 (chapter n. 4 is not included in the study program)
||Appunti delle lezioni
||Solo per gli studenti frequentanti
||Strategia e management della comunicazione d'impresa. Relazioni e sense-making per gestire e competere
||Per gli studenti frequentanti è escluso lo studio dei capitoli n. 11 e n. 12 del libro di testo di Alessandra Mazzei, Strategie e management della comunicazione di impresa. Relazioni e sense-making per gestire e competere, FrancoAngeli Srl, Milano, 2015.
Il programma di studio per gli studenti non frequentanti prevede il libro di testo di Alessandra Mazzei, Strategia e management della comunicazione d'impresa. Relazioni e sense-making per gestire e competere, FrancoAngeli srl, Milano, 2015 (ad esclusione del capitolo 4).
For both attending students and non-attending students, the exam consists of an oral test aimed at ascertaining the overall maturity of the candidate.
During the oral test, various questions will be asked about the different themes of the program, in order to verify the communicative, expository and critical ability of the student. In this regard, particular attention will be paid to:
- the depth and extension of the concepts learned;
- the properties of language in the exposition of the arguments;
- the ability to adequately connect the various acquired knowledge;
- the ability to relate concepts in a critical manner with what happens in the contemporary world.
The final evaluation is expressed in 30/30 and is basically aimed at ascertaining the student's ability to have acquired specific knowledge and to be able to argue effectively and with technical language the Corporate Communication topics addressed during the course.