Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
SECS-P/11 - FINANCIAL MARKETS AND INSTITUTIONS
secondo semestre (lauree magistrali) dal Feb 21, 2022 al May 13, 2022.
The course gives an introduction to the main issues pertaining the management of Insurance Companies, aiming at providing the students with the methodologies useful to understand their management. Specifically, the following topics will be deepened: why Insurance Companies exits, the different products and services offered by Insurance Companies and the distribution channels, the specificities of the management of Insurance Companies, the logics behind the determination of the insurance premium, the technical provisions and the investment policies, risks, regulation, the bancassurance industry and financial conglomerates and the evolution of the Italian and European insurance markets.
1. The economics of insurance: risk management and insurable risks.
2. Management of insurance companies.
3. Life and non-life products.
4. Insurance products premia.
5. The risks faced by insurance companies.
6. Technical provisions and solvency requirements. Reinsurance.
7. Regulation and supervision of insurance companies.
8. Distribution channels: agencies, brokers, Bancassurance etc.
9. The relationship between banks and insurances: financial conglomerates.
10. The insurance market. Recent trends.
The course will be made up of frontal lessons held by the teachers along with expert testimonials, who will present their diverse experience in the insurance sector.
At the beginning of the course, students will be provided with the timetable that will evidence the time and room for each lesson.
Additional materials will be made available on the e-learning page of the course.
Both course books and additional materials are consistent with course objectives and syllabus
Visualizza la bibliografia con Leganto, strumento che il Sistema Bibliotecario mette a disposizione per recuperare i testi in programma d'esame in modo semplice e innovativo.
The exam aims at evaluating both knowledge about insurance companies management and students’ capabilities to critically assess dynamics and complexities of insurance activity.
The exam will be held in written form. The exam will focus on the whole course program and and students may also be asked to carry out exercises.
Further information will be given on the e-learning platform.