This course has the aim to develop in the student an approach oriented to the definition of the problems, the choice of prevention interventions and alterations management of respiratory function and elimination, the recognition and multidimensional assessment of pain.
• Physical examination: the methods, the concept of head-standing assessment.
Physical examination of the following systems:
a) seed coats (color, moisture, firmness and temperature) and appendages (hair and nails), and primary lesions of cutaneous b) the head
c) eye (visual field, movements extraocular, eyelids, conjunctiva and sclera, pupils and pupillary reflex)
d) ear (hearing loss tinnitus)
e) chest and lungs (shape, sounds respiratory)
f) abdomen (abdominal quadrants - pelvic, abdominal distension, abdominal pain, peristalsis, bowel sounds.
g) vascular function (perfusion tissue, capillary refill, phlebitis)
• Body care and care management of self-care deficit
• Pain: pain models (acute, postoperative, procedural, cancer and chronic - recurring), mode of assessment of chronic and acute pain: guiding principles, assess the size of the pain, for measuring instruments.
• Urinary phaseout: the signs and symptoms more frequent in urination (polyuria, oliguria, dysuria, ...) and major alterations (urinary tract infections, incontinence and urinary retention)
• Bowel elimination: the more common signs and symptoms in intestinal disorders (flatulence, melena, tenesmus ...) and major alterations (constipation, fecal impaction, diarrhea, fecal incontinence and hemorrhoids)
• Breathing: general assessment and definition of the main alterations (hypoxia, cyanosis, dyspnea, cough, hemoptysis, bronchial obstruction, sputum and pathological breaths)