Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
M-PED/01 - PEDAGOGY, THEORIES OF EDUCATION AND SOCIAL EDUCATION
Language of instruction
The course is set within the pedagogic tradition, particularly the philosophy of education, and aims to show the cognitive structure, the pedagogical meaning and the operative implications of a hermeneutic view of education, particularly considered through the thought of some principal modern and contemporary authors. Among the operative implications there is the theme of truth, a problem ever present not only in the philosophic and pedagogic research, but also in the educational practice.
At the end of the course the students will prove:
- to have reached a sufficient level of knowledge of the contents. They also must contextualize the contents in the hermeneutic history, in the philosophical reflection and in the educational practice;
- they can integrate that knowledge within their cultural and professional experience;
- they can apply the new topics of knowledge to the comprehension of the educational problems within reach of the student;
- they can communicate them in a conceptually clear and appropriate linguistically way.
The course will deal with the following topics, divided into hermeneutic themes of historical type and themes of theoretical and practical type:
- Elements of hermeneutic history: from classic age to Dilthey;
- Nineteenth Century hermeneutics: Heidegger, Gadamer e Ricoeur;
- from hermeneutic reflection to the educational practice;
- from hermeneutic reflection to the open personal relation and to social life;
- a fundamental philosophic problem: the experience of truth;
- Pareyson: the relation between interpretation and truth;
- The experience of truth, basis for the educational experience
- The experience of truth, basis for the “authentic life”
Texts for the exam
Mandatory for everybody:
- D. Loro, Ermeneutica pedagogica. Lecture notes, 2011-2012. (The “dispensa” will be available at the end of the course by the cartoleria Ateneo, Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 37 . www.ateneovr.it ).
- E. Isidori, Ermeneutica e pedagogia della persona. Dal dialogo alla cura, Roma, ed. Aracne, 2005.
- V. Mancuso, La vita autentica, Milano, ed. Raffaello Cortina, 2009.
- A. Ravaglia, Attraverso Bauman. Processi di ermeneutica pedagogica, Milano, ed. Franco Angeli, 2009.
Lessons will be frontal in the main, with the possibility to intervene with questions and short debates related to the themes of the day.
Students will be examined in the oral form. They will be assessed according to their level of learning what it is expected in the formative objects.