Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
M-PSI/05 - SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY
Language of instruction
One will work in order to achieve the following goals:
- Analyze and understand the interpersonal relation between educator and child/teenager/adult;
- Analyze and understand the social processes which support and regulate interpersonal relationships in social, and professional context with particular reference to sanitary and socio-sanitary structures and institutions;
- One will try to understand problems related to the way the caregiver enters and keeps the relationship with the child the teenager or the adult;
- one will analyze the different attitudes of the caregiver and his/her way of conducting relationship with the child, teenager or adult, we’ll try to give an answer to the following question: how can aggressive cues influence aggressive behavior;
- one will analyze violence and aggressive beavior, segregation, social/organisational practice and violence, applying the principles of the attachment theory and the origin of intersubjectivity.
-attachment theorists : Bowlby&Ainsworth; Main; Kaplan; Cassidy; Hazan; Shaver; Bartholomew; Mikulincer, Liotti – attitudes and perception in interpersonal dyadic context; - attributions and social behavior; - social support; - normative and informational influence on social behavior; - the dynamics of obedience; - interpersonal vs. group behavior. Group polarization; The power of a consistent minority aggressive behavior; segregation and violence; cooperation and competition ; domestic violence.
1) Pedrazza M., 2010, Pratiche educative e processi psicologici, Carocci, Roma, Il Mulino, Bologna.
2) 1 scientific article referring to the socio-psychological approach to the study of attachment related issues in care and education. Authors you can choose: Mikulincer , Hazan, Shaver, Feeney, Dozier.
3) Y.Kawabata, L.R.A. Alink, W.L. Tseng, M.H. van Ijzendoorn, N.R. Crick, 2011, Maternal and paternal parenting styles associated with relational aggression in children and adolescents: a conceptual analysis and meta-analytic review. In Developmental Review, 31,pp 240-278.
4) D. Michiels, H.Grietens, P.Onghena, S. Kuppens, 2008, Parent-child interactions and relational aggression in peer-relationships, in Developmental Review, 28, pp. 522 -540
5) A. Green, S. Ward, 2010, Domestic violence, in Obstetrics, Gynaecology and reproductive medicine, 20:4
6) S. Holt, H.Buckley, S. Whelan, 2008, The impact of exposure to domestic violence on children and young people: a review of the literature, in Child Abuse & Neglect, 32, pp. 797 – 810
7) S.E. Evans, C. Davies, D. DiLillo, 2008, Exposure to domestic violence: a meta- analysis of child and adolescent outcomes, in Aggression and Violent Behavior, 13, pp131-140
8) K.E. Gilbert, 2012, The neglected role of positive emotion in adolescent psychopathology, in Clinical Psychology Review, 32, pp.467 - 481