Planning and coaching of adapted physical activities
Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
M-EDF/02 - SPORT SCIENCES AND METHODOLOGY
1° semestre motorie dal Oct 1, 2020 al Jan 29, 2021.
At the end of the course, students will be in possession of: A. Knowledge about the role of physical activities in successful ageing, in some kinds of disabilities and diseases; B. Competencies to plan, program and conduct adapted physical activities, in different settings, for older people, persons with some disabilities and with some kinds of chronic disease.
The course will be realized with oral presentations (40 hours) and practical activities (60 hours of exercises and planning laboratories).
- The preventive role of physical activities in ageing, disabilities and diseases;
- Main characteristics (physiopathological, behavioural and psychological), related to physical activities in ageing, some disabilities, obesity, cardiovascular diseases and cancer.
- Guidelines for physical activities in ageing, disabilities and diseases sensible to exercise;
- Planning and conduction of adapted physical activities in different settings;
- Elements of statistical analysis related to the assessment of adapted physical activities.
|Pasqualina Buono (a cura di)
||Attività fisica per la salute
||"Exercise for older adults. American Council on Exercise's guide for fitness professionals"
|Saccomani R. (ed)
|| L’attività fisica nella terza età
||Raffaello Cortina Editore, Milano
|• Garber CE et others
||Quantity and quality of exercise for developing and maintaining cardiorespiratory, musculoskeletal, and neuromotor fitness in apparently healthy adults: guidance for prescribing exercise
||Med Sci Sports Exerc.
The examination will be carried out in two consecutive parts
I part: multiple answers questionnaire for the access at second part of the exam;
II part: Didactic plan for adapted physical activities in a specific setting. Eventual interview about the text.