Theories and Methods of the Didactics
Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
M-PED/03 - METHODOLOGIES OF TEACHING AND SPECIAL EDUCATION
By the end of this module, students that will have followed the proposed activities will be able of
- knowing and understanding the epistemological bases of instruction and its main parts (curriculum design, instructional strategies, classroom management, assessment and evaluation);
- knowing and understanding the Italian education law documents about preschool and primary education;
- knowing and using the main methodological approaches to competence-based in-structional design;
- analyze and differentiate the main instructional methods in preschool and primary school institutions, with particular attention to active methods and to the use of ICT in education;
- understanding the different approaches in learning assessment;
- identifying possible interventions for a positive classroom management;
- communicating clearly to different people learned knowledge and reflections;
- reflecting critically on the learned elements, also in relationship to the specificity of the characteristics and demands of children in preschool and in primary school;
- reflecting on the main empirical research methods to improve the quality of educa-tional processes, with particular attention to qualitative research;
- reflecting on the followed course and identifying strategies for improving their own learning on the topic.
The course will deal with the following topics.
- epistemological and methodological bases of education,
- the habit of a teacher and the attention deserved by the subjects with the greatest difficulties,
- expertise of the teacher, educational research and innovation processes,
- evidence based education,
- the research on the analysis of educational practices.
- the different levels of design,
- the reference to the National Indications to plan,
- An operational model to plan the development of competences in early education.
- factors that influence learning,
- direct and active instructional strategies,
- competence didactics in preschool and primary education,
- instructional technologies to foster learning.
- the group,
- the climate,
- classroom management,
- the management of problematic situations.
- assessment of learning outcomes, evaluation of processes and systems,
- formative and sommative assessment,
- assessment for learning and provision of feedback as formative strategy,
- assessment of competence development.
The exam program will be focused on some scientific articles that will be defined during the lessons.
As output of the group work that will be carried out in the classroom, will be asked to produce a paper which, following the standards of scientific publications, presents one of the techniques and strategies in depth. Through a random destruction, each work will be sent (anonymously) to two students, who will be asked to draw up a peer review sheet on the received paper.
At the final evaluation of each student will compete: a) the evaluation of the elaborate by the teacher; b) the evaluation of the peer review sheet that the student has drawn.
In special cases, an individualized test may be scheduled.