Ethics of Care
Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
M-FIL/03 - MORAL PHILOSOPHY
Sem. 1B dal Nov 11, 2019 al Jan 11, 2020.
1) To know and understand the psychological theories that make against the fundamental processes of functioning and adaptation of the individual to the material and social environment
2) Know and understand the theories related to the mechanisms of psychological functioning of people at work and in organizations, including their motivations, satisfaction and well-being
3) Knowledge and understanding of work processes, the legal aspects that regulate them and the related ethical aspects
4) To apply juridical, sociological knowledge of the work, ethical and anthropological knowledge to the understanding of diversity and migratory phenomena in order to favor and support processes of social and cultural inclusion.
The course consists of two parts:
- The first studies the main ethical models and the main philosophical reflections on the great ethical issues;
- The second is devoted to the analysis of a relevant contemporary ethical issue.
This year, the course is inspired by the lively Italian debate on the subject of caring, and it will focus on the two main authors who devoted their research to this issue, Luigina Mortari and Elena Pulcini, as well as their different perspectives, respectively phenomenology and sociology.
Beside usual class lessons, which may include the usage of slides, the course will rely on movie projections, and on readings and discussions of texts of different authors and periods, in order that students may learn:
The main ethical models, as they have been imagined and outlined in time, including their mutual relations, be they conflictual or not;
To conduct a specifically ethical approach to relevant issues of our time.
Students who cannot attend the classes are not asked to follow a different program. It is always possible for all students to devise a customized program: in this case, students are requested to discuss it in advance.
Beside the program texts, it is compulsory to study the audio files of the classes found on the e-learning website of the university.
||Filosofia della cura
||La cura del mondo
||Sono da portare: parte I; parte II; parte III: capitolo 1; capitolo 2: solo il § 1.
As a consequence of the persistence of the emergency determined by the CoViD-19 pandemic, and following the instructions given by the University of Verona, the examination consists of an oral examination via Zoom, which will comprise at least three open questions, aimed at ascertaining the knowledge possessed by students on the following topics: 1) history of Western ethics; 2) knowledge on the subjects dealt with in the second part of the course.
The same rules apply for students who do NOT attend the classes.