Didactics for TVET
Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
M-PED/04 - EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH
By the end of this module, students that will have followed the proposed activities will be able of
* knowing, in their main lines, the different contexts of vocational education and training in Italy,
* reflecting critically on the meaning of concepts such as didactics, work, training, learning, and on their relationship;
* understanding the existing link between culture of work and culture of education;
* grasping the existing link between analysis of work practices, training and narration;
* analysing work practices which are been narrated;
* describing the main features of the professional practices of experts operating in training and education;
* describing the main features of a model of "training didactics" inspired by a transformative approach;
* connecting the topics to real or simulated educational contexts
* reflecting on the course by developing awareness of the implemented learning processes.
The course will deal with the following topics:
1) VET didactics
• The fields of educational research,
• Vocational education and training as a specific context for reflecting upon teaching approach,
• the main areas of educational research related with VET,
• competence development.
2) Work related Learning
• Work culture and training culture
• The relationship between learning and work practices and contexts
• Work as learning tool
3) Narrative approach to VET
• Epistemology of practice.
• Work practice and personal experience as sources of knowledge.
• Putting experience in words.
4) Training practices
• The trainer: story of a profession
• Analysis of educational practices
• Transformative teaching approaches in VET and the value of the reflected experience.
TEXTS TO STUDY FOR THE EXAM
- TACCONI, G. (2015). Tra Scuola e lavoro. Una prospettiva didattica sul secondo ciclo del sistema educativo di istruzione e formazione. Roma: LAS; the following chapters only: 2 (L’assetto ordinamentale attuale del secondo ciclo del sistema di istruzione e formazione); 5 (Per una didattica del secondo ciclo) and 6 (Nodi, problemi e prospettive).
- PERRONE, V. (2016). Il lavoro che sarai. Milano: Feltrinelli.
- LEVI P. (1978), La chiave a stella, Einaudi, Torino.
- LIPARI, D. (2014). Storie di formatori. Esperienza, apprendimento, professione. Milano: Franco Angeli.
- FABBRI, L., ROMANO A. (2017). Metodi per l’apprendimento trasformativo. Casi, modelli, teorie. Roma: Carocci.
- Materials made available in the course’s webpage, in the suitable section for the exam.
||Il lavoro che sarai
||La chiave a stella
|FABBRI, L., ROMANO A.
||Metodi per l’apprendimento trasformativo. Casi, modelli, teorie.
||Storie di formatori. Esperienza, apprendimento, professione
||Tra scuola e lavoro. Una prospettiva didattica sul secondo ciclo del sistema educativo di istruzione e formazione
The learning assessment will be made for all students though three different examination types:
- analysis of a written student's portfolio (up to 10 points),
- written examination with 3 essay questions to assess the acquired knowledge (up to 12 points),
- oral examination to assess deep understanding and metacognitive skills (up to 8 points).