Business Analytics (BA)
Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
SECS-P/10 - ORGANIZATION AND HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
II semestre dal Mar 1, 2021 al Jun 11, 2021.
This course aims to introduce students to concepts and techniques in Business Analytics, but also to the new role of the "Business Analyst" within an organization. Starting from the KPIs (Key Process Indicators), coming from the business processes defined through the BPMN language, we will proceed to the analysis and real-time evaluation of the same in order to create reports or dashboards to support the decision-making process. In addition to being used for decision-making, the data will also serve to better align the POPITTM components with the company business model.
At the end of the course the student has to show to have acquired the following skills:
● ability to conduct business intelligence analyzes
● obtain structured information from data according to project specifications
● analyze high-level solutions to meet detailed market needs
● ability to use software tools and mathematical models in predictive analytics
The course aims to provide students with the fundamental concepts for reading, and to analyze enterprise data, to generate predictive models to support the decision-making process. The contents of the course can be summarized as follows:
1. Business Process Management, and the model POPITT© (People, Organization, Process, e IT).
2. Business Process Mapping, Analysis, and re-Engineering.
3. BPMN (Business Process Model Notation) for business integration.
4. DataWare House.
5. Business Intelligence tools.
6. Data analysis (querying, reporting, clustering, etc.).
7. Predictive Analysis (correlation, supervised regressions, etc.).
8. Introduction to Big Data.
|Davenport T.H., Harris G.J.
||Competere con gli analytics. La nuova scienza per vincere nel business
||Franco Angeli edizioni
The final test is written. Mainly, it is composed of 3 open questions.