Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
SPS/08 - SOCIOLOGY OF CULTURE AND COMMUNICATION
Sem. 1A dal Sep 21, 2020 al Oct 31, 2020.
Knowledge and understanding 1. Knowledge and understanding the sociological aspects characterizing the concepts of socialization, primary socialization and identity, in relation to a socio-cultural context. 2. Knowledge and understanding the primary socialization as a process aimed at favoring the construction of social identity. 3. Knowledge and understanding the socialization agencies that characterize the current context, with particular reference to the family and services for children, paying attention to the related socialization techniques. 4. Knowledge and understanding the relationship between identity and difference, also through the concept of "inferiorization" and stigma. Applying knowledge and understanding 1. To apply the learned knowledge in order to identify and describe the processes that lead to the construction of social identity and difference and to recognize its languages, also in complex social and relational contexts. 2. To broaden one's "professional look", observing and entering into relationships with others, without preconceptions, recognizing their points of view. 3. To recognize, observing with different points of view, stigmatizing processes and languages, in order to promote positive and virtuous relationships. 4. Using the concepts learned and their relative dimensions and characteristics, as a sort of "toolbox" to deal with professionals today, the complexity that characterizes the socialization process.
To achieve the training objectives, the course will deal with the following topics:
• A changing context: "liquid" modernity and complexity
• The socio-cultural system and role learning
• Socialization and primary socialization processes
• Socialization, identity and difference
• The family as a primary socialization agency
• Socialization and early childhood: services for children, the peer group, the media
• How to socialize: communication and relationship
• Stigma and social inferiorization
• Types of stigma
• Stigma and social relationships
The topics in the program will be addressed during the lessons and can be found in the following reference books:
- Landuzzi M. G., Primary socialization and its characteristics, Ed. Libreria Cortina, Verona, 2016
- Goffman E., Stigma. Identity denied, Ombre Corte, Verona, 2003
The DIDACTIC MODES adopted in the classroom provide for the use of:
- frontal lessons, dedicated to the transmission of the basics and key categories, useful for the implementation of theoretical knowledge;
- interactive lessons, characterized by the analysis of films and example materials, by the common discussion, group work, exercises and where possible, by the relationship with privileged witnesses, aimed at improving learning, applied understanding and team work skills , relationship and communication.
Throughout the academic year, the teacher is available for individual reception by appointment.
The monthly calendar of receptions is published on the web under "notices".
The program is valid for all (attending and non-attending), until the last appeal of February 2021.
Erasmus students are asked to contact the teacher at the beginning of the course.
|Landuzzi Maria Gabriella
||La socializzazione primaria e le sue caratteristiche
||Edizioni Universitarie Cortina
The assessment of learning outcomes is the same for all (attending and non-attending students) and includes an oral exam with remote modalities; the final evaluation is expressed in 30/30.
The oral exam consists of an interview aimed at verifying:
- knowledge of the topics studied
- communication skills and language properties
- the ability to connect knowledge in a systemic form
- the ability to analyze and compare different points of view.
"The remote mode is still guaranteed for all students who request it in the academic year 2020/21".