Principles of sport management [Matricole pari] (2020/2021)
The teaching is organized as follows:
2° semestre motorie
See the unit page
MM -Principles of sport management. As far as the themes of the economy applied to the exercise sciences are concerned, the main concepts related to the economic activity in organized form will be provided, in order to understand its peculiar features, paying particular attention to the economic and financial indicators whose determination is required by the Legislator and necessary in order to perform a cost benefit analysis of the sport activity. In addition, operational aspects will be addressed on the various forms of sporting activities, not neglecting the fiscal consequences, the benefits granted, under various forms, to the world of sport. During the Course we will give also practical information about the various ways to set a sport business activity up, without omitting the related tax effects considering the facilitations granted, in different manners, to the sport world. At the end of the course, students will be able to perform an economic-financial analysis of the sport activity to correctly evaluate the start-up and the management of the business.
MM-LEGISLATION APPLIED TO SPORTS SCIENCE: Objectives of the Course
The course aims to provide the students with basic legal notions applied to motor sciences.
As far as the juridical module is concerned, the Course has the objective to give the essential knowledge of the Private and the Pubblic Law, which is preparatory for a later study of some topics more strictly related to the sport sphere, such as, in particular, the participants of the sport system, the main contracts relevant to the sport activity and the liability rules in the sport field.
During the course the following topics will be addressed:
• The Pubblic and European Union Law
• The private law in general, and the sport law;
• The subjective juridical situations in general;
• The subjects in general: natural person and legal entity;
• The subjects in the sport field;
• The obligation in general;
• The contract in general;
• The main special contracts relevant to the sport activity;
• The civil liability in general;
• The civil liability in the sport field;
• The business activity and the main manners to set it up;
• The firm: peculiar features and possible categories;
• Business management: distinction between the “economic” and “financial” effects of the business transactions;
• The main ways to conduct a sport business activity (individual form, amateur sport association, profit and not- profit companies;
• The construction of the financial statements and their interpretation in sports activities in corporate form; the reports in amateur sports associations; break-even point analysis;
• Nod to accounting and tax obligations and concessions granted to the world of sport.
|F. Favotto, S. Bozzolan, A. Parbonetti
||Economia aziendale. Modelli, misure, casi
||Da utilizzare limitatamente alle seguenti parti: Capitolo 1 (tutto), Capitolo 2 (solo paragrafi 2.1, 2.2, 2.2.1), Capitolo 3 (tutto), Capitolo 4 (solo paragrafo 4.1), Capitolo 7 (solo paragrafi 7.1, 7.2, 7.2.1, 7.2.2, 7.2.3, 7.4), Capitolo 9 (solo paragrafi 9.1, 9.1.1, 9.1.2, 9.1.3)
For the juridical module, written test with multiple choice questions aimed to test the knowledge of the the juridical concepts included in the examination program.
For the module economics applied to the exercise sciences, written test with:
- multiple choice questions aimed to test the knowledge of the economic-business notions included in the examination program;
- exercises aimed to testing the student's ability to prepare economic-financial reports (with particular reference to the financial statements), to use the information for business analysis, to assess the economic sustainability of sports business activity.
The exam is considered passed if the single score of each written test ≥ 18/30. The evaluation of exam is given by the average score of the two written tests.