Private banking and wealth planning
Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
SECS-P/11 - FINANCIAL MARKETS AND INSTITUTIONS
secondo semestre (lauree magistrali) dal Feb 21, 2022 al May 13, 2022.
The aim of the course is to focus on the way financial intermediaries manage the private banking and wealth planning activityies.
While the first part of the course, devoted to private banking (for 6 credits), focuses on the analysis of models/metodologies/tools that are used in the investment advisory services to private customers, the second part of the course, devoted to wealth planning (for 3 credits), focuses mainly on asset protection services for both private and corporate customers.
A. PRIVATE BANKING
1. The advisory service to private clients: the goals to be reached and the different players in the sector.
2. The fee based advice versus the rebates based advice.
3. The Rules and the Guideliness to be followed in the advisory service: from the "know your customer rule" to the "product governance framework".
4. The strategic asset allocation: putting Markowitz at work.
5. The tactical asset allocation.
6. The mutual funds evalution: how to map and how to rank them.
7. From asset allocation to product allocation.
8. How to measure the MWRR and TWRR and the performance attribution process.
B. WEALTH PLANNING
9. Family business and private wealth.
10 How to protect the private wealth.
11. Estate planning and fiscal optimisation for the family business and for the private wealth.
12. How to organize in the private banking sector the wealth planning activity.
For people attending the classroom: slides, case studies, papers, selected meterials deliverd during the lessons.
For people not attending the classroom:
I. BASILE, M.D. BRAGA e P. FERRARI (a cura di), Asset management e investitori istituzionali, II edizione, Pearson, 2019, capitoli: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
Selected materials to be asked to the course coordinator.
The final examination will be written trough a first part with multiple choice and a second part trough case studies.