Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
SECS-P/07 - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION AND ACCOUNTING STUDIES
secondo semestre (lauree magistrali) dal Feb 21, 2022 al May 13, 2022.
At the end of the course, students will be able to evaluate the ethical dimension of business and to adopt ethical responsible choices when inserted in professional context. In detail, the course aims to enable students to acquire knowledge about ethical theories, ethical consequences of different firm theories, civil economy, the purpose and forms of firms (with particular attention to hybrid models), and models of evaluation and communication of social impact. With regards to skills, the course enables students to mature skills about ethical evaluation of business, measurement of social impact, management of tools useful to cultivate relationships with stakeholders, and building virtuous work environment.
The programme is the following:
1. Foundations of ethics
2. Theories of firm and their ethical consequences
3. Organizational purpose: for-profit, nonprofit, and hybridism
4. Firm, work, and markets: labour ethics
5. Business ethics and corporate welfare policies
6. Measurement of value under an ethical perspective
7. Business Ethics and organizational models
The course adopts different didactical methods and it is supported by Moodle platform. Both attending and non-attending students can subscribe to Moodle platform to participate to proposed activities.
Together with traditional lessons, the course adopts didactical strategies such as shared lessons, cooperative learning, case study and company visit, film, and other active dynamics aimed to allow the development of practical competences and critic skills beyond knowledge.
The list of study materials is available in the Moodle platform.
The program is the same for both attending and non-attending students
The evaluation adopts a blended approach.
There are 4 types of activities proposed - during and at the end of the semester - to evaluate students' competencies:
- 3 teamwork
- discussions in the forums
- individual presentation of a topic or a case study, chosen by the student
- a final test
As an alternative, the student can choose to be evaluated without preparing an evaluative portfolio. In this case, the exam will be both script and oral and it will focus on the entire program.
The evaluation criteria are the following:
- depth and range of knowledge (does the student know the arguments of the program?)
- capacity of applying knowledge to specific managerial issues (is the student able to discuss the ethical dimension of managerial issues?)
- written and oral language skills (does the student express her/himself in a correct way?)
- completeness of learning path (Is the student able to discuss the different topics of the course? And to link them to each other?)