The teaching is organized as follows:
See the unit page
Medical students will be able to grasp basic knowledge related to epidemiology, classification, pathophysiology, methodological and diagnostic istopathological and clinical approaches, impact of treatment on natural history of main hematological, reumathological, allergic, gastroenterological, infectious and cutaneous disorders.
Gastric and duodenal diseases
Bleeding of the upper and lower gastrointestinal tract
Maldigestion and malabsorption
Inflammatory bowel diseases
Poliposis and cancer of the colon
Irritable bowel syndrome
Acute and Chronic diarrhea
Acute and chronic liver disease
Basic principles of skin, mucous membranes and adnexal anatomy an physiology Specialistic methodology and semeiotic, primary cutaneous lesions. Pruritus Bacterial diseases (erysipelas, cellulitis, foruncle, impetigo, folliculitis, Gram- intertrigo, scarlet fever) Fungal diseases (dermatophytosis , pityriasis versicolor , candidosis) Viral diseases (herpes simplex, herpes zoster,Chickenpox, HPV diseases, molluscum contagiosum, hand-foot-mouth disease) Infestations: scabies, pediculosis, insect bites Acne vulgaris, rosacea Eczematous disease (atopic dermatitis, contact dermatitis , sebborrheic dermatites) Urticaria and angioedema Psoriasis Vesciculobullous disease(pemphigus, pemphigoid, dermatitis herpetiformis) Connective Tissue Diseases (Lupus erythematosus, systemic sclerosis, dermatomyositis), vascular disorders, erythema nodosum Drug reaction (esanthema, fixed eruption) Severe drug reaction (AGEP, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, Lyell syndrome) Cutaneous ulcers Vascular malformation and hemangiomas Benign epidermal tumors (sebborrheic keratosis, papillomatous lesions, fibrous lesion) Epithelial tumors(actinic keratosis, basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma ) Kaposi sarcoma Cutaneous lymphomas Melanocytic lesions and melanoma Dermatologic therapy VENEREOLOGY Sexually trasmitted infections epidemiology and profilaxis Syphilis: clinical features, serologic tests and therapy Gonorrhea and non gonooccal urethritis HPV infection trasmitted disease Herpes genitalis Balanoposthitis, vulvovaginitis
- the blood (investigation methods, embryogenesis, hematopoiesis, hematocatheresis)
- anemias (classification, clinical features and differential diagnosis)
- approach to hematological malignancies
- acute leukemias
- myelodysplasia, secondary malignancies and treatment complications
- chronic myeloproliferative neoplasia
- chronic lymphoproliferative disorders
- monoclonal gammopathies, myeloma
- hemostasis disorders
- hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
- degenerative and inflammatory rheumatic diseases, with different diagnosis elements of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout, calcinosis and spondyloarthritis
- multisystemic rheumatic diseases, in particular to connectivitis and vasculitis
- main degenerative bone diseases, both primary and secondary
- laboratory procedures and laboratory reports
- osteoarticular damages in x-ray images.
• Introduction to infectious diseases: differences between infection and infectious disease.
• Epidemiology, diagnosis, clinical presentation and treatment of HIV infection, AIDS and main opportunistic AIDS-related diseases.
• Respiratory infections: pneumonia, flu, pertussis and diphtheria.
• Pulmonary and extra-pulmonary tuberculosis.
• International traveler's infectious diseases.
• Mumps, infective esanatemias.
• Sepsis, endocarditis
• Gastroenteritis, infective intoxications and toxinfections.
• Encephalitis, meningitis and rabies.
• urinary tract infections
• TORCH complex infections
• viral hepatitis
• EBV and CMV infections
• Health-care associated infections
• Lyme disease, leptospirosis
• Tetanus, botulism
ORAL EXAMINATION about at least two/three subjects dealing with the six disciplines of the Course (Pathology, Dermatology, Hematology, Gastroenterology, Infectious diseases, Rheumatology).
The final grade will be the arithmetic average of each examiner's marks.
Note: Students who register for the exam are invited to cancel their names from the appeals they do not participate in. If they cannot cancel, they must write an email to the course Coordinator as soon as possible. Those who do not cancel or do not notify the Coordinator will not be able to participate in the next call offered in the same session.
Visualizza la bibliografia con Leganto, strumento che il Sistema Bibliotecario mette a disposizione per recuperare i testi in programma d'esame in modo semplice e innovativo.