Professional Laboratories (1st year)
Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
MED/48 - NURSING IN NEUROPSYCHIATRY AND REHABILITATION
1° e 2° semestre (corsi annuali) PROFESSIONI SANITARIE dal Oct 1, 2021 al Sep 30, 2022.
Describe postures and movements of each body district using an appropriate terminology. Use observation and evaluation procedures to describe posture and motor behaviour of both healthy and not healthy subjects during the different chronological ages, identifying postural and movements disorders. Acquire the ability to collect, select and interpret the data that are useful to formulate hypothesis on the functional diagnosis through the identification of structural and functional impairments, limitations of activities and restrictions of participation. Perform the postural alignment of the person in different positions. Facilitate a patient during the postural changes, transfers and walking activity using, when it is necessary, the appropriated assistive devices by applying the ergonomics rules under current legislation. Perform the mobilization of body districts respecting the articular physiology, using the correct grips and applying the ergonomics rules.
The laboratory provides students with the fundamental concepts to perform the movements, postural transitions, transfers and patient positioning, observing safety standards and ergonomic principles.
The expected learning outcomes are:
- know the ergonomic principles to prevent risks related to manual handling of patients
- know the techniques of execution of the postural passages and transfers and the most effective outlets
- know the elements to be evaluated to choose the movement to be carried out
- know the patient handling aids (wheelchair, high sliding sheet, transfer board, etc.)
- prepare the appropriate setting to move and / or posture the patient
- choose and execute with precision manual movements, transfers and positioning of the patient observing the rules of hygiene, safety and ergonomic principles
- provide the patient with the correct information during handling using an appropriate language (communication skills).
The exam is a simulated practical test.