Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
INF/01 - INFORMATICS
Secondo semestre dal Mar 7, 2022 al Jun 10, 2022.
The aim of this course is to introduce the basic notions in computer science that are necessary for a knowledgeable use of computer systems. In particular, the course will address several central topics including information coding, computer architectures, operating systems, computer networks, Internet, and programming languages in order to provide the students with the ability to solve practical and theoretical problems regarding the use of the computer in biological and biotechnological fields. In the experimental part students will experience with specific examples information coding issues and algorithm organization and deal with basic programming elements useful in handling of biological data.
- Introduction to computer science
- Information coding. Binary numbers and digital signals
- Computer architecture. Von Neumann model and CPU, memory and external devices
- Operating systems
- Application software
- Spreadsheets: data, charts, operators, formulas, numeric and string functions, conditions, counts and groupings, nested functions
- Programming: languages, programming methods, data structures and algorithms, program development (instructions, variables, operations, conditions, loops, functions), examples of programs. Basics of python language. Other tools for data analysis.
- Computer networks
Visualizza la bibliografia con Leganto, strumento che il Sistema Bibliotecario mette a disposizione per recuperare i testi in programma d'esame in modo semplice e innovativo.
The exam consists of a written test on the computer including theoretical questions and short exercises related to the course program.