Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
M-PED/01 - PEDAGOGY, THEORIES OF EDUCATION AND SOCIAL EDUCATION
Language of instruction
Secondo semestre dal Feb 28, 2011 al Jun 4, 2011.
The course aims to give a general presentation of education and pedagogy, to get out the existential, social, cultural and professional value. The course particularly suits those who are interested in becoming teachers. Based on that general aim, the course intends to achieve three formative objectives, related to the three parts into which it is divided:
(1) general part: fundamental structure, themes, problems, concepts that are present in every educational experience;
(2) historical part: the educational experience, and the pedagogic reflection of some authors among the more important in the modern and contemporary pedagogy;
(3) professional part: meaning of the educational working lived as a professional activity, looking particularly at the teacher as a whole.
Requirements: The applying must have sensitivity for the educational themes, in a self formative perspective too.
The course will deal with the following topics, related both to the general and the monographic part:
(1a) the individual, social, cultural need of education;
(1b) analysis of the structural elements of every educational experience;
(1c) meaning, tasks and branches of the pedagogical knowledge;
(1d) education and professional choice;
(2a) authors, theories and educational experiences in modern age;
(2b) authors, theories and educational experiences in contemporary age;
(3a) personal attitude and educational practice in school teaching;
(3b) planning and management of educational activity at school.
Texts for the exams:
Mandatory for everybody
(1) D. Loro, Education and Pedagogy. Rational basis of educational experience and the pedagogical thought. Lecture notes 2010-2011. (The text will be available at the end of the course by Cartoleria Ateneo, Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 37).
2) R. Lanfranchi, J. M. Prellezo, Education, School and Pedagogy in the historic traditions, vol. 2°, From Enlightenment to globalization age, Roma, ed. Las, 2008 (To learn the authors: Rousseau, Pestalozzi, Herbart, Rosmini, Gabelli, Gentile, Montessori, Dewey, Makarenko, Maritain, Don Milani).
(3) B. Bueb, The nine rules of school, trad. dal tedesco, Milano, ed. Rizzoli-RCS Libri, 2009.
Teaching Methods: Lessons will be frontal in the main, with the possibility to intervene with questions, short debates and educational training related to the themes of the day.
The exam consists of a three-hour written text. It consists of 6 open questions of different types. (e.g.: descriptive, summarising, argumentative type, analysis and comment of a sentence, etc.).