Management and Communication in SMEs
Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
SECS-P/10 - ORGANIZATION AND HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Language of instruction
Sem. 1A dal Sep 24, 2018 al Nov 10, 2018.
In order to allow the student to manage the problems inherent in the structure and functioning dynamics of the communication processes of the organizational environments in which he will find himself operating, the course aims to develop:
- knowledge and understanding of organizations and their functioning through the study of models, structures and organizational variables (it is intended to devote attention to the organization of work, organizational communication and organizational development processes in Small and Medium Enterprises);
- ability to identify organizational structures and variables, to use appropriate languages in the approach to enterprises and human resources, to recognize the communication processes that characterize SMEs in their internal and external relations.
At the end of the course the student will be able to interpret the organizational and communicative phenomena in SMEs and to recognize the variables on which to intervene for the development of enterprises.
The main contents are:
- Management: theories and models of organization; scientific management (F. Taylor, H. Ford...); study of work (F. Gilbreth and L.M. Gilbreth); industrial fatigue and monotony (Wyatt, Fraser...); Human Relations (E. Mayo); Human Resources (Herzberg, Mc Gregor); organizational behavior and communication processes (B. Bass, K. Lewin, R. Likert...); limited rationality theory (H. Simon) and organizational decisions;
- Communication and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs): definitions and organisational characteristics of SMEs; role of SMEs in the international and local economy; communication and relations in and between SMEs; entrepreneurship and business creation; entrepreneurial potential and skills.
- Favretto, G. (2010). Organizzazione del lavoro per lo sviluppo delle risorse umane. Verona: QuiEdit (capp. 1, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13).
- Cubico S. e Favretto, G. (2012). Giovani imprenditori: competenze e orientamenti nel Veneto. Verona: QuiEdit
- Antoldi, F. (2012). Lo sviluppo imprenditoriale. Governare i processi evolutivi delle Piccole e Medie Imprese. Milano: McGraw-Hill
Additional documentation provided on e-learning platform.
Traditional lessons integrated with active learning and interventions by experts.
|Cubico, S., Favretto, G.
||Giovani imprenditori: competenze e orientamenti nel Veneto
||Lo sviluppo imprenditoriale. Governare i processi evolutivi delle Piccole e Medie Imprese
||Organizzazione del Lavoro per lo Sviluppo delle Risorse Umane
||capp. 1, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
The exam will be held in written form (20 multiple-choice questions, up to 20/30, and two open questions, up to 10/30) on the entire program; oral form for Erasmus students who request it.
The multiple-choice questions are aimed at measuring the knowledge of the specific contents of the program provided in the chapters indicated in the text "Organizzazione del lavoro per lo sviluppo delle risorse umane" Favretto G. and "Competenze Imprenditoriali" Cubico S, Favretto G.; the open-ended questions will detect the student's ability to express and link together in a coherent and concise way the concepts learned (in particular in the text "Lo sviluppo imprenditoriale" Antoldi F.).
Detailed information on the exam will be placed in the dedicated section of the e-learning platform of the course.
Attendees will be given the opportunity to access an assessment test dedicated to them in order to enhance the insights and knowledge gained during active participation in the lessons (discussions, meetings with witnesses ...).