Communication law (p)
Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
IUS/10 - ADMINISTRATIVE LAW
Sem. IA (31.10.16 sosp.lezioni), Sem. IB
The course aims to introduce students to the general principles founding the national legal system, with a look to the EU law, and to analyze the different industry regulations that have occurred over the years in order to provide the fundamental to the understanding of the legal framework of the media.
The course also provides an introduction that provides learners with the basic legal concepts necessary for the understanding of the notions more specialized, taking into account the fact that this is the first training in a strictly legal setting that students are facing.
Degree Course in Communication Studies
Diritto della comunicazione (p) - 36 ore (S.S.D. IUS/10)
Teacher: Avv. Mattia Cavaleri
Total numbers of credits: 6 CFU
Content of the course:
- Introduction to the field of law, with specific reference to the concepts of rule of law, the legal system and the substantial subjective position.
- Forms of state and of government.
- The European Union.
- The sources of law.
- The Constitutional Court.
- The organization of the public administration.
B) Special section:
- The principle of freedom of thought and expression; freedom of information and freedom of the press and the news, criticism and satire.
- The regulation of the press and the regulation of the journalist’s profession: legislation, regulation and ethics.
- The regulation of the broadcasting system.
- The discipline of the word of movies and theater.
- The funds of the show business
Reference books for the general part:
R. BIN, G. PITRUZZELLA, “Diritto Costituzionale”, Giappichelli, Torino, latest edition;
for the special section:
P. CARETTI, “Diritto dell’informazione e della comunicazione. Stampa, radiotelevisione, telecomunicazioni,
teatro e cinema”, Il Mulino, Bologna, latest edition;
G. GARDINI, “Le regole dell’informazione. Dal cartaceo al bit”, G. Giappichelli, Torino, latest edition.
Teaching methods: Lectures. Examination and resolution of cases.
Evaluation methods: written exam
|Bin R. - Pitruzzella C.
|Caretti Paolo, Carbone Andrea
||Diritto dell'informazione e della comunicazione nell'era della convergenza
||Le regole dell'informazione. L'era della post-verità
Written test, aimed at testing the level of knowledge of the different parts of the program. The test provides, as a rule, the indication of four traceable questions, more or less open, to be developed by the candidate in order to evaluate both the knowledge of the different parts of the program, both the display capacity and the language also in terms of legal terminology. The exam can last between one hour and a half and two hours.