Obstetrics and Gynaecology (2018/2019)
The teaching is organized as follows:
Lezioni 1° semestre 2°- 6° anno
See the unit page
The course aims at developing the essential clinical aspects evidence-based of Gynecology and Obstetrics avoiding specific details pertaining to the post-graduate level. Infertility, fertility control, oncology and preventive screening measures are topics included within the gynaecological course of study; major pathological conditions of pregnancy, normal delivery and Cesarean section constitute the obstetrical part of the teaching programme. Along with basic principles of the use of ultrasounds in obstetrics and gynecology, gynecological surgical techniques are presented with the scope of providing the future doctor with the indications, outcomes and complications of the most frequent and clinically relevant gynaecological procedures.
Study and analysis of a clinical case observed during the internship. Knowledge of the fundamentals of surgical technique observed during clinical practice. Well woman care, infertility, fertility control, reproductive endocrinology, menopausal transition. Gynecologic infection, benign disorders of the lower reproductive tract, abnormal uterine bleeding, pelvic mass, endometriosis, pelvic pain, pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence, female sexual violence Gynecologic oncology and preventive screening measures. Preconception and prenatal care, normal delivery, postpartum care, pathological conditions of pregnancy, diseases in pregnancy. Termination of pregnancy techniques and legal provisions in Italy. Indication and techniques of Cesarean section and operative vaginal delivery. Basic principles of use of ultrasounds in obstetrics and gynecology and other Obs&Gyn diagnostic procedures. Fundamentals of gynecologic laparoscopy, abdominal and vaginal surgery. Knowledge of main topics discussed during frontal lessons or daily scientific meetings.
1. Oral presentation of a clinical case observed during the clinical training, with additional more detailed analysis with the examiner, when required
2. Test to check what learnt during the clinical training
3. Test of knowledge of surgical techniques observed during clinical training including the labor and delivery care
4. Test of knowledge of the formal lectures and suggested textbooks
5. The test is performed one student at a time
6. The test is performed by two/three teachers
7. The test evaluation is structured trough a weighted average of teachers’ marks.
8. If the student wants it can retire
9. The Student can contact the Coordinator if there are problems with test methodology
||Manuale di Ginecologia e Ostetricia