Networked embedded & IoT systems
Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
ING-INF/05 - INFORMATION PROCESSING SYSTEMS
Secondo semestre dal Mar 7, 2022 al Jun 10, 2022.
The course aims to provide the knowledge necessary for the specification, modeling, development and verification of embedded network systems for industrial applications, in particular networked control systems, cyber-physical components, network infrastructures and Internet-of-Things (IoT) applications. At the end of the course the student will have to show the acquisition of the ability to analyze and understand the functioning of the networked embedded and IoT systems and the problems related to their design, implementation, verification, certification and use, with reference to their most important properties: performance, reliability, security and privacy. This knowledge will allow the student to acquire the ability to specify, model, design and verify networked embedded systems in the industrial and IoT fields, identifying the most appropriate components to integrate with each other, with the production machinery and the company information system. At the end of the course the student will be able to apply and deepen these topics independently.
- wireless embedded systems and protocols.
- networked control systems.
- protocols for smart manufacturing.
- advanced networking.
- MQTT and Kafka.
- Multimedia communications and Quality of Service.
- Optimization of an actual industrial infrastructure.
- Programming of networked embedded systems
Visualizza la bibliografia con Leganto, strumento che il Sistema Bibliotecario mette a disposizione per recuperare i testi in programma d'esame in modo semplice e innovativo.
Oral exam with 3 questions on theory and laboratory
- max 2 people
- effort: 40 hours
- possible synergy with other courses, stage, thesis
- some topics will be proposed at the end of the program but they can be proposed by students too
- max score: 3
Final score: oral exam score + project score.