Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
SECS-P/08 - MANAGEMENT
secondo semestre lauree magistrali dal Feb 25, 2019 al May 31, 2019.
This course intends to provide students with the competencies to analyze and interpret the context of public services in Italy, with a particular focus on public utilities. In addition, the course aims to develop in students a critical understanding of the role of public and private actors in public service management, and to emphasize customer centrality for service quality. In order to encourage students’ learning ability, the course includes both a theoretical approach and the discussion of case studies based on real situations.
- Defining the public service
- Characteristics and aims of public institutions
- Types of public institutions (at a national and iternational level)
- Public management theories
- Local public utilities management: between regulation and competition
- Public utilities supply chain: a focus on water and energy services
- Sustainability and energy efficiency
- Service management strategies and tools
- Customer centrality for quality in public services
- Relationships between public institutions and private businesses
- Smart cities and sharing economy in public services
- Lectures, students' active participation with the discussion of practical case studies and group work, and guest lectures.
-Study materials are different for attending and not-attending students to allow each student to fully reach the teaching aims of the course.
For attending students:
- lecture slides and other study materials discussed in class, lectures notes and guest lectures notes.
The lecture slides and other teaching materials will be available on the e-learning platform within the specific webpage prepared for this course. For teaching aims, the slides will be available to students after each lecture.
- Cucciniello, Fattore, Longo, Ricciuti, Turrini, Management pubblico, Egea, Milano, 2018 (capitoli 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 15, 20)
- Dezi, Gilardoni, Miglietta, Testa, Economia e management delle imprese di pubblica utilità, Cedam, Padova, 2005 (capitoli 1 e 2).
For non attending students:
- Cucciniello, Fattore, Longo, Ricciuti, Turrini, Management pubblico, Egea, Milano, 2018 (chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7. 8. 9, 11, 15, 20)
- Dezi, Gilardoni, Miglietta, Testa, Economia e management delle imprese di pubblica utilità, Cedam, Padova, 2005 (chapters 1, 2, 3, 6, 8).
- Testa F., Vigolo V., "Barriere allo sviluppo dell’efficienza energetica. Una nuova lettura dell’energy efficiency gap e alcune proposte manageriali e di policy", Management delle utilities e delle infrastrutture, n. 4, 2015, pp. 12-20.
- Celata, Graditi, Testa, "Impiego di sistemi di generazione a basso impatto ambientale, accumulo e autoconsumo di energia elettrica: aspetti strategici, tecnologici e regolatori", Management delle utilities e delle infrastrutture, n. 4, 2018.
- Guerrini, Vigolo, Romano, Testa, "Levers supporting tariff growth for water services: evidence from a contingent valuation analysis", Journal of Environmental Management, 207, 2018, pp. 23-31.
Please note that these articles are freely available online among the Library's digital resources.
|DEZI L. - GILARDONI A. - MIGLIETTA A. - TESTA F.
||Economia e management delle imprese di pubblica utilità
|Longo F., Turrini A., Fattore G., Cuciniello M., Ricciuti E.
The exam consists in an oral assessment aimed at evaluating:
- students' acquired knowledge
- students' ability to apply acquired knowledge to real cases and situations
- appropriate use of thechnical language.