Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
FIS/01 - EXPERIMENTAL PHYSICS
II sem. dal Mar 1, 2018 al Jun 15, 2018.
The course provides the basic knowledge of Electromagnetism and Optics in Classical Physics aimed at achieving a good level of understanding of the physical principles and phenomena illustrated during the course, making the student familiar with the necessary mathematical formalism, providing methodologies for solving an applied problem in the field.
At the end of the course the student will have a mature knowledge of the physical laws underpinning electrical and magnetic phenomena and will have the skills to apply physics to different fields in order to solve problems with a rigorous and scientific method.
- Electric charges, Coulomb law, electrostatic field, electrostatic potential, electric dipole, Gauss theorem, Poisson equation, Laplace equation, conductors in equilibrium, capacitance
- Dielectrics, polarization
- Electric current, classic model of conduction, Ohm law, resistors, Kirchoff laws, elementary circuits
- Magnetic field, Lorentz force, magnetic properties of matter, Laplace laws, Ampere law,
- Electromagnetic induction, Faraday law, Maxwell equations
- Electromagnetic waves, electromagnetic spectrum
- Principles of optics
|P. Mazzoldi, M. Nigro, C. Voci
||Elementi di Fisica Vol. 2 - Elettromagnetismo e Onde
Students that have passed the written examination can benefit, if they wish, of an oral examination in order to complement the test.
Written examination will consist in problems of electromagnetism and theoretical questions.