Here you can find information on the organisational aspects of the Programme, lecture timetables, learning activities and useful contact details for your time at the University, from enrolment to graduation.
The academic calendar shows the deadlines and scheduled events that are relevant to students, teaching and technical-administrative staff of the University. Public holidays and University closures are also indicated. The academic year normally begins on 1 October each year and ends on 30 September of the following year.
The Academic Calendar sets out the degree programme lecture and exam timetables, as well as the relevant university closure dates..
For the year 2017/2018
No calendar yet available
Exam dates and rounds are managed by the relevant Medicine Teaching and Student Services Unit.
To view all the exam sessions available, please use the Exam dashboard on ESSE3.
If you forgot your login details or have problems logging in, please contact the relevant IT HelpDesk, or check the login details recovery web page.
The Study Plan includes all modules, teaching and learning activities that each student will need to undertake during their time at the University. Please select your Study Plan based on your enrolment year.
Provide students with a basic physical knowledge of Computed Tomography and with the main techniques of reconstruction from projections, included the visualisation techniques. Analyze the radiation protection problems related to the use of CT. Analyze the methods of quantification of the image quality and his relationship with the operational parameters of the CT unit.
- interaction of X-rays with matter : processes of interaction, Lambert-Beer law, attenuation coefficient
- basic physical principles of CT : projection, multiple projections
- techniques of image reconstruction from projections : Filtered Back Projection, iterative reconstructions
- Hounsfield Units
- volumetric reconstruction : 180-360 LI, Cone Beam CT
- Dual Energy CT
- CT image visualisation : windowing, MPR, 3D-rendering
- dosimetric quantities : absorbed dose, equivalent dose, effective dose, collective dose, CTDI, DLP
- patient radiation protection : radiation dose from CT exams, radiation protection guideline
- worker radiation protection : scattered radiation, radiation doses from interventional practices
- radiation dose and image quality : image quality quantification, dose-quality relationship
- noise and 'Low Contrast Resolution' : image noise measurement, noise sources in CT, quantum noise, noise and operational parameters of the CT equipment relationship
- spatial resolution and 'High Contrast Resolution' : measurement of spatial resolution, Modulation Transfer Function, spatial resolution and operational parameters of the CT equipment relationship
News for students
There you will find information, resources and services useful during your time at the University (Student’s exam record, your study plan on ESSE3, Distance Learning courses, university email account, office forms, administrative procedures, etc.). You can log into MyUnivr with your GIA login details.
I servizi e le attività di orientamento sono pensati per fornire alle future matricole gli strumenti e le informazioni che consentano loro di compiere una scelta consapevole del corso di studi universitario.