Here you can find information on the organisational aspects of the Programme, lecture timetables, learning activities and useful contact details for your time at the University, from enrolment to graduation.
The academic calendar shows the deadlines and scheduled events that are relevant to students, teaching and technical-administrative staff of the University. Public holidays and University closures are also indicated. The academic year normally begins on 1 October each year and ends on 30 September of the following year.
The Academic Calendar sets out the degree programme lecture and exam timetables, as well as the relevant university closure dates..
Definition of lesson periods
Lm Sio BZ 1A 1S (Coorte 2021)
Nov 15, 2021
Mar 31, 2022
Lm Sio BZ 2A 1S (Coorte 2020)
Feb 1, 2022
Sep 30, 2022
Lm Sio BZ 1A 2S (Coorte 2021)
Apr 1, 2022
Dec 31, 2022
Lm Sio BZ 2A 2S (Coorte 2020)
Oct 1, 2022
Dec 31, 2022
Exam dates and rounds are managed by the relevant Medicine Teaching and Student Services Unit.
To view all the exam sessions available, please use the Exam dashboard on ESSE3.
If you forgot your login details or have problems logging in, please contact the relevant IT HelpDesk, or check the login details recovery web page.
The Study Plan includes all modules, teaching and learning activities that each student will need to undertake during their time at the University. Please select your Study Plan based on your enrolment year.
The aim of the course is to apply the basic scientific knowledge relating the healthcare pathways and quality indicators in reference to the last development in gynecology and obstetrics. The course provides the students with the fundamental knowledge for evaluating the quality of the medical and assistential activities in the context of the mini-invasive gynecological surgery, obstetrics end gynecological oncology. A particular regard is placed on the diagnostic - assistential processes referred to the last guidelines and recommendations. The study focalize the adequacy of the the therapeutic and assistential interventionsin consideration of the last development of the mini invasive surgery.
Analizing the most representative quality indicators within the benign and malignant gynecology and obstetrics the student acquires the skills for a critical evaluation of the care pathways and the gestional management, that are at the base of the clinical outcome. The student'll be able to understand the measurements necessary for the monitoring of the assistential quality.
Part A: QUALITY IN GYNECOLOGY
- Principles of Quality Management.
- Clinical governance. The clinical adequacy. How can we measure the quality ?
- The healthcare pathways; guidelines and multidisciplinary teamwork.
- The quality in ginecological surgery.
- The quality in the reatment of ovarial cysts.
- The quality in the treatment of endometriosis.
Part B: GYNECOLOGY
- Abnormaluterine bleeding: definition, classification system and therapeutic options.
- Principles of mini - invasive surgery.
- The uterine Leiomyomas: definition and FIGO classification. The limits of the morcellament.
- The hysterectomy: the different indications and surgical techniques.
Part C: OBSTETRICS
- The physiological delivery and the CTG monitoring.
- The arterial pH as quality indicator and the metabolic acidosis.
- The delivery urgencies and the risk management.
- The shoulder dystocia: definition and risk factors.
- The gestational diabetes: screening test.
- Hypertension in pregnancy: etiology, diagnosis amd complications for mother and fetus. The corticosterois - prophylaxis.
- The peripartum hemorrhage: placenta previa, placental abruption, placenta accreta, increta, percreta. Risk management of PPH.
- The quality indicators in obstetrics.
Part D: ONCOLOGY
- The biology of the tumor cells
- The adequacy of oncological clinical support
- The organization of clinical healthcare pathways
- The primary and secondary prevention for cervical, endometrial and ovarian cancer.
- The aims of oncological surgery.
- The histological diagnosis. What informations are necessary ?
- The cervical cancer: Pathogenesis of HPV, precancerous lesions, screening, morphological prognosis factors. Principles og treatment.
- The endometrial cancer: the precancerous lesions, symptoms and healthcare pathways.
- The quality indicatoris for the oncological certification.
The verification of the student's knowledge will bel by oral examination. Some clinical cases will be reported, in order to verify the quality of the assistance and the clinical adequacy.
Each examination will be 20 minutes long.
Type D and Type F activities
Modules not yet included
News for students
There you will find information, resources and services useful during your time at the University (Student’s exam record, your study plan on ESSE3, Distance Learning courses, university email account, office forms, administrative procedures, etc.). You can log into MyUnivr with your GIA login details.
I servizi e le attività di orientamento sono pensati per fornire alle future matricole gli strumenti e le informazioni che consentano loro di compiere una scelta consapevole del corso di studi universitario.