Your Study Plan includes all the learning activities you will undertake during your time at the University, such as modules, lab activities and practicals, seminars, project work, internships, as well as educational off-site visits, conferences and the final examination, or graduation.
Oxygen-ozone therapy: basics and history 5 Credits
1. Introduction: presentation and scope of the Master
2. Oxygen-ozone therapy: a historical overview
3. O2-O3: oxygen dynamics in the atmosphere
4. A glance at oxygen and ozone effects on cell biology
5. Ozone as a medical resource
6. Bases of the oxidative stress and it links with ozone therapy
7. Ozone and ozone derivatives in medicinal products
8. The low-dose ozone concept as a preventive therapeutic method. The rationale on a pharmacological basis
9. Action of oxygen-ozone in the body
10. How to obtain medical ozone
11. Round table and concluding remarks
Historical overview of the oxygen-ozone therapy. Oxygen-ozone dynamics. Cell biology of oxygen and ozone. Effects of medical ozone on the organism and pharmacological basis of its therapeutic use. How to obtain medical ozone.
The course has a total duration of years: 1 and will be held in the period from January 7, 2022 to December 31, 2022.
Saturday, normally from 9 am to 9 pm.
When and where
Course duration: to be completed within one calendar year starting January 2022.
Lessons: all the lessons will be given online through the Zoom or Moodle platform; some of the lessons will be given in synchronous mode, while others will be in asynchronous mode. The lessons in synchronous mode will be given monthly, on Saturday, normally from 9 am to 9 pm.
Lessons will be given online through the Zoom or Moodle platform: some of the lessons will be given in synchronous mode, while others will be in asynchronous mode. For each modules, a final round table (in synchronous mode) is scheduled, where the students can discuss with the lecturers.
The stage will be done at medical surgeries, clinics or research centres specialized in oxygen-ozone therapy; a specific agreement will be stipulated between the University of Verona and the hosting facilities, based on the positive evaluation by the Scientific and Technical Committees.
PROJECT WORK, INTERIM ASSESSMENTS, FINAL TEST
The Master entails:
i) a written multiple-choice test at the end of each teaching unit;
ii) a project work to be agreed with the Scientific and Technical Committees;
iii) a final paper, in the form of either an original scientific article or a literature review (the Scientific and Technical Committees will select the best articles to be published free of charge in the Giornale Italiano Ozono Terapia).
A monitoring system of the students’ opinions is foreseen.