Special contracts (agri-food contracts)
Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
IUS/01 - PRIVATE LAW
2° periodo lezioni (2A) dal Feb 14, 2022 al Mar 26, 2022.
The course aims at providing students with an in-depth knowledge of the most common special contracts (including the atypical ones) – regulated in the civil code and other laws – that are relevant to the contemporary business, in the context of domestic and international trade.
Students shall acquire the ability to solve the legal issues examined during the course and to autonomously formulate in-depth judgements and arguments, both in written and oral form, as well as to critically adapt the solutions developed to different contexts.
In-presence lectures (6 CFU, 36 hours) are devoted to the following topics
• Typical and atypical contracts
• Contracts for agriculture and agriculture "under contract"
• Contracts for the agricultural enterprise and the principles of protection of the agricultural law to production and enterprise
• The productive purpose of the agricultural enterprise and the profiles of the agro-food and agro-industrial system
• Power imbalance in the agro-food and agro-industrial chain. The abuse of economic dependence
• Models of horizontal organization and strengthening negotiation models
• The sale of agri-food products: long chain and short chain
• Contracts on commodity exchanges
• Sale contracts in the food supply chain
• inter-branch organisation agreements and supply chain agreements
• Unfair competitive practices in the agri-food chain in European law
• Comparative law models for agro-industrial and agro-food contracts (Spain, France, Brazil and Argentina)
• Examples of innovation for organization and investment in companies: use of the trust and atypical contracts in the Argentine experience
Visualizza la bibliografia con Leganto, strumento che il Sistema Bibliotecario mette a disposizione per recuperare i testi in programma d'esame in modo semplice e innovativo.
The course will be held with lectures for 36 hours (supported by the use of ppt presentations) with group exercises organized according to the Problem Based Solving (PBS) method and immersion in the national economic reality to compare it with the regulations studied. At the end of the course, the presentation of the in-depth papers and the final discussion are organized.
For students who will follow the lessons, the verification of learning will be based on two different elements:
Oral exam on the topics addressed during the course
Paper and presentation of the group work (max 3000 words)
For students who will not attend the lestures, the exam will be done through a single oral test.
For students who will attend the lessons and will carry out the scheduled tests, the final mark will be distributed as follow:
Oral test on the topics covered during the course (50%)
Group work paper and presentation (max 3000 words) (50%)
For students who will not attend the lessons, the score refers to the single oral exam.
The evaluation will take place through the following criteria:
- the depth and breadth of the knowledge gained;
- the property of language;
- analytical and argumentative capacity;
- the capacity for critical reflection.
The final evaluation is expressed in 30ths. The awarding of honors is linked to the following evaluation of the exam: complete control of the discipline, excellent language skills, excellent analytical and argumentative skills and critical reflection on the legislation.
Verification of learning will be held in Italian.