Didactics and Special Pedagogy
Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
M-PED/03 - METHODOLOGIES OF TEACHING AND SPECIAL EDUCATION
II semestre dal Mar 5, 2018 al Jun 1, 2018.
This programme offers a pedagogical and educational prospect to the students in analazing, interpreting and managing the different special educational needs of children, young people, grown-ups and old people who are involved in a project whose main aim is the promotion of motor adapted activities.
At the end of the course, students will have improved the following knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of the fundamental theoretical eferences that inspired the special education;
- knowledge of theories, of pedagogical type, concerning the disability;
- Knowledge of the teaching methods through which it is possible to design inclusive education;
- Knowledge of the different types of disabilities;
- Know how to design a special educational intervention through motor activities;
- Being able to find pertinent and effective sources.
During the lectures, the following subjects will be treated:
The bio-psicho-social paradigm (ICF, 2001);
The “normal speciality” (Salamanca Meeting, 1994);
The change from the viewpoint of “handicap” to the viewpoint of
“Special Educational Needs” (with reference to the International literature)
The disability is a problem of functioning;
The educational problems of the relationship with disable people, with particular attention to the different conditions of special need and in relation to the various life ages;
Educational postures and educational special actions;
The purposes of the special educational work: the life quality applied to disable people;
Disability and aging;
The special educational function of the motor adapted activities;
The problems of the special educational relation.
Lascioli Angelo, Educazione speciale. Dalla teoria all’azione, Franco Angeli, Milano, 2011;
Sangalli Angelo Luigi, Attività motoria compensativa, UnoEdizioni, Trento, 2003.
Within the course, different types of didactic methods will be activated:
- Frontal lesson;
- Reading and comment of excerpts;
- Case studies (concerning the Kindergarten and Primary School);
- Laboratory activities;
- Vision of short movies;
- Experiences from the professional context.
For further investigation:
Magnanini Angela, Educazione e movimento. Corporeità e integrazione sociale dei diversamente abili, Edizioni del Cerro, 2008;
Carboni Mauro, Le tracce del corpo i riflessi dello sguardo. Pratiche e gesti dell'aiuto educativo, Pensa Multimedia, 2012.
The assessment for learning will take place through a written examination paper that will consist of presenting a series of closed questions and open questions concerning the topics discussed during the course.
The following assessment criteria will be considered:
- Including the relevant elements that are the basis of the special education;
- Including the elements that characterize special education action;
- Being able to expose their arguments strictly and in a limited time by identifying and selecting the essential elements for exposure;
- Being able to analyse critically the case studies and the experiences presented.
Non-attending students can find useful information to pass the exam by reading and studying the reference books.