Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
ING-IND/14 - MECHANICAL DESIGN AND MACHINE CONSTRUCTION
I SEMESTRE dal Oct 1, 2018 al Jan 25, 2019.
Ability to choose the most appropriate instrumentations to evaluate physiological and biomechanical variables to evaluate human movement and physical exercise.
Know the benefits and the limitations of the current technologies and methodologies to evaluate the perfor-mance. Ability to process acquired signals to extrapolate the parameters to obtain biomechanical or physiological information. Ability to represent acquired data in diagram and graphs and to analyze significant differences between groups or conditions.
1. Revision of the main mechanical quantity (displacement, speed, acceleration, mass, force, torque, work, energy, power) and electrical (voltage, current, resistor…)
3. Introduction to acsuisition and sampling systems, Analysis of mono and bidimensional signals (sampling rate, frequency, )
4. Classification and characteristic of the measurement systems, (accuracy, resolution, …)
5. Motion measurement systems (potentiometers, photocells, accelerometer, goniometers, conventional video system, optoeletronic motion capture system)
6. Force measurement systems (celle di carico, pedane dinamometriche e baropodometriche, solette baropodometriche, ergometro iscocinetico, misura forza della pedalata)
7. Bioelectric measurement systems (ECG, EMG, galvanic response,...)
8. Ergospirometric, cardiorespiratory and oxygen uptake measurement (Quark, Portapres, NIRS)
9. Methods of data analysis, parameter extraction, (analysis of phase duration, peaks, average, integration, frequency analysis, normalization)
10. Methods of data representation, tables and graphs, statistical analysis (t-test, correlations)
• Lucidi delle lezioni tenute in Aula
• Appunti delle lezioni.
• Robertson G., Caldwell G., Hamill J., Kamen G., Whittlesey S., Research Methods in Biomechanics, Human Kinetics, 2004.
• Introduction to Sports Biomechanics: Analysing Human Movement Patterns 2nd Edition
by Roger Bartlett
• Biomechanical Evaluation of Movement in Sport and Exercise: The British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences Guide (BASES Sport and Exercise Science) 1st Edition
by Carl Payton (Editor), Roger Bartlett (Editor)
|Carl J. Payton, Roger M. Martlett
||Biomechanical evaluation of movement in sport and exercise
○ The written exam, will be composed by 10 questions to be answered by describing possible setup, equipments and data processing for specific measurement in the field of human movement and exercise.
○ If the writing evaluation is positive, an oral exam, mainly concerning the topics deepen during laboratory classes, will be required for the grade confirmation.