Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
IUS/11 - ECCLESIASTICAL AND CANON LAW
1° periodo di lezioni dal Oct 2, 2017 al Dec 15, 2017.
The course aims to provide essential tools learning and analysis about the two-thousand years old juridical order of the Catholic Church. Despite its strong originality in comparison to the world of the secular laws, the law of the Church has played a significant role in the creation and the development of the european legal culture; many institutions and many solutions of the juridical problems adopted by the States laws are derived from the canonical models.
At the end of the course the student will be able:
- to know and understand the fundamental principles, institutes and rules of canon law;
- to evaluate essential profiles of comparison between the law of the Church and secular legal systems, both in historical evolution and in current legislation;
- to know how to set up practical issues of relationships between the rules of canon law and the rules of secular legal systems.
The course aims at explaining thoroughly canon law’s sources of divine right and sources of human right, fundamental rights of the faithful and government structures of the universal Church and of the particular Churches. A special importance will be given to canon law on marriage, wich obtains civile power in the Concordat between Italy and the Holy See.
• Sources of Canon law: divine right and human right
• The canonical condition of the christian faithful: clerics, lay faithful, religious.
• The power of governance and the hierarchical constitution of the Church
• The ecclesiastical office
• Government of the universal Church. The Roman Pontiff and the College of Bishops.
• Government of the particular Churches. The diocese. The parish
• The temporal goods of the Church.
• The penal regulation in ecclesiastical law.
• The marriage. Cases to declare the nullity of marriage.
The teaching consists in:
• lectures on the course topics
• analysis of materials placed on e-earning platform and discussed during lectures, in order to foster a critical approach by students
• conferences by Italian and foreign experts, so as to provide students with different approaches to the subject
During the academic year the teacher receives students at the times indicated in web pages, no need to set a specific date
|ARROBA CONDE M. J. - RIONDINO M.
||Introduzione al diritto canonico
||Le Monnier Università
|DALLA TORRE G.
||Lezioni di diritto canonico
||Principi di diritto ecclesiastico. Tradizione europea legislazione italiana
Knowledge and skills provided will be verified with an final examination on the whole program.
A) Students attending classes: they can choose a written examination. Students will be required to answer to three open-ended questions. They can prepare for the examination on lecture notes
B) Students not attending classes: oral examination.
Grades will be expressed in /30 taking into account knowledge of the subject, accuracy in response, quality of the legal reasoning and use of the correct legal terminology.