Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
M-PED/01 - PEDAGOGY, THEORIES OF EDUCATION AND SOCIAL EDUCATION
1° semestre dal Oct 3, 2022 al Jan 20, 2023.
At the end of the course the student: 1) knows the main issues of pedagogical reflection and some of the most significant theories; 2) is able to reflect critically on educational problems and experiences, using appropriately the pedagogical language and its fundamental concepts; 3) is able to interpret the educational dimensions of sport; 4) is able to recognize and valorize the essential characteristics of the sports educator.
Prerequisites and basic notions
The course does not require any special prerequisites
The course, aimed at providing students with the constituent elements of pedagogy, is divided into two parts. In the first part, which will introduce the study of the discipline as a critical reflection on education in the broader panorama of educational sciences, the central concepts of pedagogy, its epistemological foundations and the main theories of reference will be examined. Specifically, the following macro-themes will be explored:
1. Educational challenges in contemporary society:
- need for education and pedagogy;
- origin of pedagogy and the path through which it has been scientifically affirmed;
- political, labor and cultural changes and crisis;
- placement of pedagogy among the educational sciences;
- development of the various pedagogical currents and the role of pedagogy in the face of complexity;
- various areas of pedagogical intervention.
2. Centrality of pedagogy and education in contemporary society:
- distinction between educability, education and pedagogy;
- foundational concepts of pedagogical discourse and interdisciplinary nature of pedagogy;
- formal elements of pedagogy: goals, method, means, content, educator-students relationship, environment.
- Identifying, in concrete terms, the theoretical and methodological elements indispensable in the construction of educational projects;
- implementing educational projects taking into account the diversity of individual educational situations that characterize each specific context of intervention.
In the second part, the relationship between pedagogy and sport will be examined, analyzing its educational values and considering the profile of the sports professional from the point of view of his/her educational competences, also exploring methodologies, practices and educational experiences in the sports field.
Visualizza la bibliografia con Leganto, strumento che il Sistema Bibliotecario mette a disposizione per recuperare i testi in programma d'esame in modo semplice e innovativo.
Lessons will be structured to foster interactivity and participation in the classroom; therefore, they will be characterised by face-to-face moments and cooperative work (exercises, simulations, in-depth thematic studies, etc.). In addition to the materials presented in class, further ones (videos, articles, etc.) will be shared. Case studies and testimonies will also be proposed in order to understand how the topics discussed are translated into the work practice of the educator in the various socio-educational contexts. Attendance is strongly recommended.
Learning assessment procedures
Oral examwith with an approximate duration of 20'. The books that have to be studied are the same for attending and non-attending students, as well as for Erasmus students.
During the exam, knowledge of the exam syllabus, critical-reflective ability with respect to the concepts and theories being expounded, use of correct pedagogical language, and ability to connect theories and concepts to hypotheses of practical foreshadowing will be evaluated. The grades for the subject exam are measured in thirtieths (0-30 scale), the minimum grade is 18/30 and the maximum grade is 30/30.
Italiano (o inglese)